2 – 4 people
- 1 Trout
- 1 lemon
- 1 tomato
- 1 fennel
- 1 bunch of basil
- 1 red onion
- Olive oil
- Sea Salt
- 600g Potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 50g pickles, diced
- 1tbs seeded mustard
- 3tbs Cobram Estate EVOO
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Pre heat oven to 160C.
- Take the tops of the fennel, slice them up and place on baking paper as a base for the fish. Place a layer of basil on top of the fennel, then a layer of sliced tomato. Place the Trout on top, sprinkle salt on top and then inside cavity. Place sliced tomato, sliced red onion and sliced lemon inside the cavity of the fish. Top with more fennel and basil. Cover with another layer of baking paper then wrap with aluminum foil to make a parcel. Place on baking tray. Place in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Steam potatoes and cut into bite sized pieces, place in a large bowl, add spring onion, diced baby pickles, seeded mustard and a pinch of salt. To dress add extra virgin olive oil and white wine vinegar. Stir through.
- Remove the trout from the oven. Open parcel to check if it’s ready. To tell if it’s ready the eye should be clouded over, the colour has changed just slightly and if you poke along the spine it’s nice and soft. Remove the fish from the parcel discarding excess fennel, tomato and lemon and serve hot with the side of potato salad, wedge of lemon and spring onion to garnish.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris or Grenache.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...