2 – 4 people
- 1 Trout
- 1 lemon
- 1 tomato
- 1 fennel
- 1 bunch of basil
- 1 red onion
- Olive oil
- Sea Salt
- 600g Potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 50g pickles, diced
- 1tbs seeded mustard
- 3tbs Cobram Estate EVOO
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Pre heat oven to 160C.
- Take the tops of the fennel, slice them up and place on baking paper as a base for the fish. Place a layer of basil on top of the fennel, then a layer of sliced tomato. Place the Trout on top, sprinkle salt on top and then inside cavity. Place sliced tomato, sliced red onion and sliced lemon inside the cavity of the fish. Top with more fennel and basil. Cover with another layer of baking paper then wrap with aluminum foil to make a parcel. Place on baking tray. Place in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Steam potatoes and cut into bite sized pieces, place in a large bowl, add spring onion, diced baby pickles, seeded mustard and a pinch of salt. To dress add extra virgin olive oil and white wine vinegar. Stir through.
- Remove the trout from the oven. Open parcel to check if it’s ready. To tell if it’s ready the eye should be clouded over, the colour has changed just slightly and if you poke along the spine it’s nice and soft. Remove the fish from the parcel discarding excess fennel, tomato and lemon and serve hot with the side of potato salad, wedge of lemon and spring onion to garnish.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris or Grenache.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...