2 – 4 people
- 2 x 350g Coles Atlantic Salmon fillets
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup coarse sea salt
- 2 medium sized fresh beetroot, washed, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Coles Cling Film
- 1 cup Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese
- 2 tsp lemon zest, plus extra lemon wedges to serve
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tsp horseradish (fresh or jar is fine)
- 2 Lebanese cucumber, cut into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 2 golden/French shallots, peeled, finely sliced
- 1 Coles Rustic baguette, sliced, toasted to serve
- To cure the salmon, Toast the caraway seeds in a dry frying pan and crush. Place the crushed seeds into a large bowl and mix with the sugar, salt, beetroot and dill. Place a little of the beetroot mix onto the base of a 40cm length of plastic cling wrap. Place the skin side of the salmon down onto the plastic wrap and coat with the remaining curing mixture. Wrap the salmon tightly with the plastic wrap, place onto a large tray and refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight to cure.
- Combine the cream cheese, lemon zest, dill and horseradish cream in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Remove the salmon from the fridge and unwrap. Gently wipe the curing mixture off the salmon with kitchen paper and discard. Using a sharp knife, slice the salmon into thin strips.
- Place on everything onto a large platter. To serve, spread the cream cheese mixture onto the toasted bread. Top with ribbons of cucumber and slices of cured salmon. Scatter with shallots, lemon wedges and dill.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Riesling or Rose
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...