2 – 4 people
- 2 x 350g Coles Atlantic Salmon fillets
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup coarse sea salt
- 2 medium sized fresh beetroot, washed, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Coles Cling Film
- 1 cup Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese
- 2 tsp lemon zest, plus extra lemon wedges to serve
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tsp horseradish (fresh or jar is fine)
- 2 Lebanese cucumber, cut into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 2 golden/French shallots, peeled, finely sliced
- 1 Coles Rustic baguette, sliced, toasted to serve
- To cure the salmon, Toast the caraway seeds in a dry frying pan and crush. Place the crushed seeds into a large bowl and mix with the sugar, salt, beetroot and dill. Place a little of the beetroot mix onto the base of a 40cm length of plastic cling wrap. Place the skin side of the salmon down onto the plastic wrap and coat with the remaining curing mixture. Wrap the salmon tightly with the plastic wrap, place onto a large tray and refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight to cure.
- Combine the cream cheese, lemon zest, dill and horseradish cream in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Remove the salmon from the fridge and unwrap. Gently wipe the curing mixture off the salmon with kitchen paper and discard. Using a sharp knife, slice the salmon into thin strips.
- Place on everything onto a large platter. To serve, spread the cream cheese mixture onto the toasted bread. Top with ribbons of cucumber and slices of cured salmon. Scatter with shallots, lemon wedges and dill.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Riesling or Rose
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...