2 – 4 people
- 2 x 350g Coles Atlantic Salmon fillets
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup coarse sea salt
- 2 medium sized fresh beetroot, washed, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Coles Cling Film
- 1 cup Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese
- 2 tsp lemon zest, plus extra lemon wedges to serve
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tsp horseradish (fresh or jar is fine)
- 2 Lebanese cucumber, cut into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 2 golden/French shallots, peeled, finely sliced
- 1 Coles Rustic baguette, sliced, toasted to serve
- To cure the salmon, Toast the caraway seeds in a dry frying pan and crush. Place the crushed seeds into a large bowl and mix with the sugar, salt, beetroot and dill. Place a little of the beetroot mix onto the base of a 40cm length of plastic cling wrap. Place the skin side of the salmon down onto the plastic wrap and coat with the remaining curing mixture. Wrap the salmon tightly with the plastic wrap, place onto a large tray and refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight to cure.
- Combine the cream cheese, lemon zest, dill and horseradish cream in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Remove the salmon from the fridge and unwrap. Gently wipe the curing mixture off the salmon with kitchen paper and discard. Using a sharp knife, slice the salmon into thin strips.
- Place on everything onto a large platter. To serve, spread the cream cheese mixture onto the toasted bread. Top with ribbons of cucumber and slices of cured salmon. Scatter with shallots, lemon wedges and dill.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...