Black Pepper Crab
- 2 large fresh whole blue swimmer crabs
- ½ cup Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Lee Kum Kee Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 50g Ballantyne Wrapped Traditional Salted Butter, sliced into rounds
- 200ml water
- 3 green spring onions, sliced
- ¼ bunch coriander, leaves picked
- To prepare the crabs, remove the upper shell from the base of the crab, then remove the gills and the mustard form the body. Wash the shell clean, then cut into 4 pieces with legs and body attached to each piece.
- Heat a wok or frying pan on a high heat. Add the oil and crab and cook for 2-3 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove the crab from the pan, draining out most of the oil, then return the pan to the heat.
- Add the peppercorns, garlic, and chilli to the pan and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the soy, oyster sauce, sugar, butter and water, and return the crabs to the pan. Bring up to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and coats the outside of the crab shells.
- Toss through the shallots and arrange crab onto a serving plate. Scatter over coriander and serve.
*Can be served with lime wedges, steamed rice or wok tossed noodles!
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...