Black Pepper Crab
- 2 large fresh whole blue swimmer crabs
- ½ cup Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Lee Kum Kee Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 50g Ballantyne Wrapped Traditional Salted Butter, sliced into rounds
- 200ml water
- 3 green spring onions, sliced
- ¼ bunch coriander, leaves picked
- To prepare the crabs, remove the upper shell from the base of the crab, then remove the gills and the mustard form the body. Wash the shell clean, then cut into 4 pieces with legs and body attached to each piece.
- Heat a wok or frying pan on a high heat. Add the oil and crab and cook for 2-3 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove the crab from the pan, draining out most of the oil, then return the pan to the heat.
- Add the peppercorns, garlic, and chilli to the pan and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the soy, oyster sauce, sugar, butter and water, and return the crabs to the pan. Bring up to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and coats the outside of the crab shells.
- Toss through the shallots and arrange crab onto a serving plate. Scatter over coriander and serve.
*Can be served with lime wedges, steamed rice or wok tossed noodles!
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...