Black Pepper Crab
- 2 large fresh whole blue swimmer crabs
- ½ cup Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Lee Kum Kee Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 50g Ballantyne Wrapped Traditional Salted Butter, sliced into rounds
- 200ml water
- 3 green spring onions, sliced
- ¼ bunch coriander, leaves picked
- To prepare the crabs, remove the upper shell from the base of the crab, then remove the gills and the mustard form the body. Wash the shell clean, then cut into 4 pieces with legs and body attached to each piece.
- Heat a wok or frying pan on a high heat. Add the oil and crab and cook for 2-3 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove the crab from the pan, draining out most of the oil, then return the pan to the heat.
- Add the peppercorns, garlic, and chilli to the pan and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the soy, oyster sauce, sugar, butter and water, and return the crabs to the pan. Bring up to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and coats the outside of the crab shells.
- Toss through the shallots and arrange crab onto a serving plate. Scatter over coriander and serve.
*Can be served with lime wedges, steamed rice or wok tossed noodles!
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...