Fish Cakes with Cucumber Relish
- 1 kg firm white fish, skin off
- 1 tin red curry paste
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced (chiffonade)
- 1 bunch broccolini, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1 long red chilli
- 1 golden shallot
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- Combine water, vinegar, caster sugar and salt in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Quarter the cucumber lengthways, remove seeds and finely slice into small wedges. Combine in a bowl with finely diced chilli, shallot and a julienne of ginger. Pour vinegar mix over, leave to infuse while preparing the fish cakes.
- Place fish fillets, curry paste, egg, sugar, fish sauce and kaffir leaves in a food processor and blend into a paste.
- Transfer fish mixture to a large bowl, add sliced broccolini and combine evenly with your hands (it is always a good idea to cook a small tester to assess the seasoning and overall flavour).
- With wet hands shape cakes into 5cm rounds, approximately 50g per cake.
- Heat oil in a large frypan over a medium heat and cook cakes in batches, approximately 2-3 minutes either side, until nice and golden. Drain on paper towel and season with a little salt.
- Serve with fresh coriander and your cucumber relish on the side.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...