Fish Cakes with Cucumber Relish
- 1 kg firm white fish, skin off
- 1 tin red curry paste
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced (chiffonade)
- 1 bunch broccolini, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1 long red chilli
- 1 golden shallot
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- Combine water, vinegar, caster sugar and salt in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Quarter the cucumber lengthways, remove seeds and finely slice into small wedges. Combine in a bowl with finely diced chilli, shallot and a julienne of ginger. Pour vinegar mix over, leave to infuse while preparing the fish cakes.
- Place fish fillets, curry paste, egg, sugar, fish sauce and kaffir leaves in a food processor and blend into a paste.
- Transfer fish mixture to a large bowl, add sliced broccolini and combine evenly with your hands (it is always a good idea to cook a small tester to assess the seasoning and overall flavour).
- With wet hands shape cakes into 5cm rounds, approximately 50g per cake.
- Heat oil in a large frypan over a medium heat and cook cakes in batches, approximately 2-3 minutes either side, until nice and golden. Drain on paper towel and season with a little salt.
- Serve with fresh coriander and your cucumber relish on the side.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...