Fish Cakes with Cucumber Relish
- 1 kg firm white fish, skin off
- 1 tin red curry paste
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced (chiffonade)
- 1 bunch broccolini, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1 long red chilli
- 1 golden shallot
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- Combine water, vinegar, caster sugar and salt in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Quarter the cucumber lengthways, remove seeds and finely slice into small wedges. Combine in a bowl with finely diced chilli, shallot and a julienne of ginger. Pour vinegar mix over, leave to infuse while preparing the fish cakes.
- Place fish fillets, curry paste, egg, sugar, fish sauce and kaffir leaves in a food processor and blend into a paste.
- Transfer fish mixture to a large bowl, add sliced broccolini and combine evenly with your hands (it is always a good idea to cook a small tester to assess the seasoning and overall flavour).
- With wet hands shape cakes into 5cm rounds, approximately 50g per cake.
- Heat oil in a large frypan over a medium heat and cook cakes in batches, approximately 2-3 minutes either side, until nice and golden. Drain on paper towel and season with a little salt.
- Serve with fresh coriander and your cucumber relish on the side.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...