2 – 4 people
- 2 or 3 small ripe pears, peeled and cut into 1/8 (or quarters) segment
- 3 eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g self raising flour, sifted
- 30g corn flour, sifted
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- 90g butter, melted
- Handful of almonds (roughly chopped)
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Pre heat the oven to 180℃. Line a 24cm cake tin with a removable base with baking paper.
- Peel and core pears and cut into 1/8 segments and set aside. Beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Sift the SR flour and corn flour into the egg and sugar mixture, stir in gently until combined.
- Add in the melted butter and vanilla to mixture and stir until smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and arrange the pear segments in a circle so the tips of the segments are pointing towards the centre of the cake. Push the slices slightly so that they are at least partially covered by batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top of the cake is golden in colour and a skewer comes out clean when inserted. Leave to cool then top with chopped almonds and dust with icing sugar before serving.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Late Harvest PG or Botrytis Semillon
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...