2 – 4 people
- 2 or 3 small ripe pears, peeled and cut into 1/8 (or quarters) segment
- 3 eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g self raising flour, sifted
- 30g corn flour, sifted
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- 90g butter, melted
- Handful of almonds (roughly chopped)
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Pre heat the oven to 180℃. Line a 24cm cake tin with a removable base with baking paper.
- Peel and core pears and cut into 1/8 segments and set aside. Beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Sift the SR flour and corn flour into the egg and sugar mixture, stir in gently until combined.
- Add in the melted butter and vanilla to mixture and stir until smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and arrange the pear segments in a circle so the tips of the segments are pointing towards the centre of the cake. Push the slices slightly so that they are at least partially covered by batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top of the cake is golden in colour and a skewer comes out clean when inserted. Leave to cool then top with chopped almonds and dust with icing sugar before serving.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Late Harvest PG or Botrytis Semillon
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 65g honey 18g bi-carb soda 415 g caster Sugar 150g glucose Syrup 70g water METHOD: Line a 20cm-baking tray with baking paper. Pour honey, caster sugar, glucose syrup and water into a large pot and...
RECIPE BY:Georgia BarnesSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 cups preserved morello cherries2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries600ml Coles thickened cream200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped50g Coles dark chocolate,...
RECIPE BY:Michael WeldonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:1 punnet of Coles Taste n See strawberries, quartered¼ pineapple, chopped into 1-2 cm wide slices½ cup Lurpak salted butter1 sheet of puff pastry½ cup sugar½ cup cream METHOD:Preheat fan-forced oven to 180...
RECIPE BY:Courtney RoulstonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:250g Lurpak unsalted butter4 tablespoons cocoa powder2 cups caster sugar1 cup hot water1 ½ cups plain flour¼ cup self raising flour2 Coles eggs, slightly beaten1 tablespoon instant coffee1/3 cup whiskey1...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 eggs1 cup caster sugar3/4 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO1 tsp vanilla extract2 cups grated carrot1 1/4 cup plain flour1 tsp baking soda3 tsp ground cinnamon3 tsp mixed spice1/2 tsp salt1/3 cup toasted...