2 – 4 people
- 12 Jalapeno peppers
- 150gm Philadelphia cream cheese
- 50gm Manchego cheese, grated
- ¼ cup Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Coles smoked paprika
- ¼ cup Coles plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Fresh lime to serve
- Cobram Estate Classic EVOO for frying
- Take a jalapeno chilli and carefully make a cut, lengthways down the chilli without cutting through the other side. Gently open the cavity and scrape out the seeds and membrane. Repeat with remaining chillies. ** Gloves maybe needed for this process.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, Manchego, coriander, paprika and season with salt and pepper. Stuff the cavities of the chillies with the mixture and gently close together, wiping off any excess.
- Place flour, eggs and panko crumbs into separate shallow bowls. First coat the peppers in flour and transfer to the egg, transfer to the breadcrumbs and coat evenly. Repeat this for a double coating and for extra crunch.
- Heat EVOO in a deep fryer or saucepan to 170C. Fry peppers in batches for 2-3 minutes until deep golden-brown. Transfer to paper towel to absorb excess oil and season with salt while still hot. Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Sparkling or Riesling (off dry).
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...