2 – 4 people
- 2 eggs
- 2 tins Edgell Corn Kernels
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup Coles self raising flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- Cobram Extra Classic Virgin Olive Oil
- Coles Danish Feta, to serve
- 2 avocados
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 lime
- Pinch of salt
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 2 tomato, diced
- 1 red onion diced
- Drizzle of Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, milk and eggs. Add in cumin, paprika, pinch of salt and corn kernels. Mix well.
- Put a pan over high heat on stove. Add a generous drizzle of EVOO to pan.
- Carefully place spoonfuls of fritter batter into oil in pan. Allow one side cook for a few minutes before flipping over. Once fritters are golden brown on both sides, remove from pan and set aside.
- Repeat until all batter has been fried.
- To make guacamole, put avocado into bowl. Peal garlic cloves and grate into avocado. Squeeze lime juice into bowl and add a pinch of salt. Whisk ingredients together until creamy and well combined.
- To make salsa, roughly chop coriander and combine with tomato, onion and a drizzle of olive oil.
- To serve, top each fritter with guacamole, salsa and crumbled feta.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...