2 – 4 people
- 2 eggs
- 2 tins Edgell Corn Kernels
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup Coles self raising flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- Cobram Extra Classic Virgin Olive Oil
- Coles Danish Feta, to serve
- 2 avocados
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 lime
- Pinch of salt
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 2 tomato, diced
- 1 red onion diced
- Drizzle of Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, milk and eggs. Add in cumin, paprika, pinch of salt and corn kernels. Mix well.
- Put a pan over high heat on stove. Add a generous drizzle of EVOO to pan.
- Carefully place spoonfuls of fritter batter into oil in pan. Allow one side cook for a few minutes before flipping over. Once fritters are golden brown on both sides, remove from pan and set aside.
- Repeat until all batter has been fried.
- To make guacamole, put avocado into bowl. Peal garlic cloves and grate into avocado. Squeeze lime juice into bowl and add a pinch of salt. Whisk ingredients together until creamy and well combined.
- To make salsa, roughly chop coriander and combine with tomato, onion and a drizzle of olive oil.
- To serve, top each fritter with guacamole, salsa and crumbled feta.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...