2 – 4 people
- 2 eggs
- 2 tins Edgell Corn Kernels
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup Coles self raising flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- Cobram Extra Classic Virgin Olive Oil
- Coles Danish Feta, to serve
- 2 avocados
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 lime
- Pinch of salt
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 2 tomato, diced
- 1 red onion diced
- Drizzle of Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, milk and eggs. Add in cumin, paprika, pinch of salt and corn kernels. Mix well.
- Put a pan over high heat on stove. Add a generous drizzle of EVOO to pan.
- Carefully place spoonfuls of fritter batter into oil in pan. Allow one side cook for a few minutes before flipping over. Once fritters are golden brown on both sides, remove from pan and set aside.
- Repeat until all batter has been fried.
- To make guacamole, put avocado into bowl. Peal garlic cloves and grate into avocado. Squeeze lime juice into bowl and add a pinch of salt. Whisk ingredients together until creamy and well combined.
- To make salsa, roughly chop coriander and combine with tomato, onion and a drizzle of olive oil.
- To serve, top each fritter with guacamole, salsa and crumbled feta.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...