2 – 4 people
This is a simple recipe to use up a glut of tomatoes, or to use them up when they are cheap in summertime. These are budget friendly ingredients that come together to create an impressive meal that could be for midweek or a dinner party.
This is a gateway recipe that could have many additions such as squid, fish, prawns, mussels, crab ect.
- 500g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled, halved
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Cobram Estate olive oil
- 4 cups Massel low salt chicken stock
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 40g Lurpak butter, diced
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated from a block, plus extra to serve
- 1 bunch basil, leaves picked
- Cracked black pepper to serve
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Toss the tomatoes in a bowl with the garlic, sugar and half the oil. Place on a lined oven tray and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until wrinkled and split.
- Place the roasted tomatoes and garlic in a blender along with the chicken stock and blend until smooth. Place the tomato mixture into a saucepan over a medium heat to keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the rice and stir for 2 minutes to coat the rice in oil and you can hear it singing. Add the wine and cook off until it has nearly evaporated.
- Add ladles of the tomato stock into the rice, stirring in between, until all the stock has been soaked up by the rice (this should take about 20 minutes).
- Stir through the butter and Parmesan cheese and check for seasoning.
- Serve immediately with basil leaves, extra Parmesan and cracked black pepper.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 teaspoons ground cumin 2 teaspoons ground coriander 6 cloves garlic, peeled 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped Juice of 1 lemon, plus extra to serve 400g skinless, boneless Coles chicken thigh, sliced...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 300gm Coles spaghetti or spaghettini ¼ cup Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper 1 ½ cups grated grand padano ½ cup grated pecorino METHOD : Bring a pot of...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil 4 cloves garlic, sliced 1 Asian shallot, sliced 1.5 inch piece galangal, peeled and thinly sliced 2 stalks lemongrass 1 tsp ground turmeric ½ tsp chilli...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x Simsons Pantry black rice wraps 2 cups Cobram Estate light olive oil (for frying) 2 small rip avocados 2 limes Sea salt for seasoning 200g sashimi grade yellowfin tuna 2 small French shallots,...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 tub ZoOSh French onion dip 4 Coles Brioche Burger buns 600g Ground Chuck Steak or 3 star mince 1 Onion, chopped in half circles 150g Blue cheese 1 iceberg lettuce, sliced Cobram Estate Light Extra...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 400g tin Edgell Chickpeas, drained and rinsed 100g self-raising flour 2 eggs, lightly whisked 1/3 cup milk 200g Edgell corn kernels, drained and rinsed 1 carrot, grated 2 spring onions, finely sliced 1/3...