2 – 4 people
This is a simple recipe to use up a glut of tomatoes, or to use them up when they are cheap in summertime. These are budget friendly ingredients that come together to create an impressive meal that could be for midweek or a dinner party.
This is a gateway recipe that could have many additions such as squid, fish, prawns, mussels, crab ect.
- 500g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled, halved
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Cobram Estate olive oil
- 4 cups Massel low salt chicken stock
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 40g Lurpak butter, diced
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated from a block, plus extra to serve
- 1 bunch basil, leaves picked
- Cracked black pepper to serve
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Toss the tomatoes in a bowl with the garlic, sugar and half the oil. Place on a lined oven tray and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until wrinkled and split.
- Place the roasted tomatoes and garlic in a blender along with the chicken stock and blend until smooth. Place the tomato mixture into a saucepan over a medium heat to keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the rice and stir for 2 minutes to coat the rice in oil and you can hear it singing. Add the wine and cook off until it has nearly evaporated.
- Add ladles of the tomato stock into the rice, stirring in between, until all the stock has been soaked up by the rice (this should take about 20 minutes).
- Stir through the butter and Parmesan cheese and check for seasoning.
- Serve immediately with basil leaves, extra Parmesan and cracked black pepper.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Pinot Grigio or Nero d’Avola.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...