2 – 4 people
This is a simple recipe to use up a glut of tomatoes, or to use them up when they are cheap in summertime. These are budget friendly ingredients that come together to create an impressive meal that could be for midweek or a dinner party.
This is a gateway recipe that could have many additions such as squid, fish, prawns, mussels, crab ect.
- 500g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled, halved
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Cobram Estate olive oil
- 4 cups Massel low salt chicken stock
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 40g Lurpak butter, diced
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated from a block, plus extra to serve
- 1 bunch basil, leaves picked
- Cracked black pepper to serve
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Toss the tomatoes in a bowl with the garlic, sugar and half the oil. Place on a lined oven tray and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until wrinkled and split.
- Place the roasted tomatoes and garlic in a blender along with the chicken stock and blend until smooth. Place the tomato mixture into a saucepan over a medium heat to keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the rice and stir for 2 minutes to coat the rice in oil and you can hear it singing. Add the wine and cook off until it has nearly evaporated.
- Add ladles of the tomato stock into the rice, stirring in between, until all the stock has been soaked up by the rice (this should take about 20 minutes).
- Stir through the butter and Parmesan cheese and check for seasoning.
- Serve immediately with basil leaves, extra Parmesan and cracked black pepper.
RECIPE BY:Courtney Roulston and Scott McRaeSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:12 fresh scallops in the half shell80g Lurpak butter, room temperature2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated1 large clove garlic, grated2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped1 green...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp cooking sake 2 Tbsp Coles soy sauce 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated 1 clove garlic, finely grated 4 chicken thighs, diced into 2 inch thick pieces 1/4 cup potato or corn starch** 1/4...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 6 slices Coles Laurent Sourdough bread 1 tub Zoosh Sour Cream & Chives dip 100ml Cobram Estate classic EVOO 3 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped BASIL PESTO: 1 cup basil leaves 1/2 cup flat leaf...
RECIPE BY: Lillie Giang SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 tbsp water 1 cup red syrup 1 cup Valcom Water Chestnut Whole (cut into small, evenly, bite-sized pieces) 1 cup tapioca flour ½ cup water ½ cup sugar 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk crushed ice a pinch of...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 packet (500g) Birds Eye Cauliflower Rice 1 Brown Onion diced 2 Garlic Cloves finely diced 1tbsp Ground Garam Masala 1tbsp Ground Cumin 1tbsp Ground Coriander 1tbsp Ground Tumeric 1tbsp Mustard Seeds 1...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan (Ikuei Arakane) SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 120g cabbage (finely chopped) 25g spring onion (finely chopped) 100g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil BATTER: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 2 eggs (size = 700g dozen)...