2 – 4 people
- 4 Simson’s Pantry Veggie Garden wraps, warmed
- 2 medium purple eggplants, quartered lengthwise
- ½ cup olive oil for frying
- 4 free range eggs, boiled and peeled
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced in thin half moons
- 1 large vine ripened tomato, sliced in thin half moons
- ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped
- 12 basil leaves, torn
- ½ teaspoon ground sumac, plus extra to serve
- Sea salt, pinch
- Cobram Estate EVOO for dressing
- ¾ cup Jalna Greek yoghurt
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon honey
- Pre heat the oven to 180.
- Heat the EVOO in a frying pan over a medium heat. Cut the eggplant into quarters lengthwise and season with sea salt. Fry the eggplant for 3-4 minutes each side in batches, or until soft and tender. Transfer to a roasting tray and place into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all of the Israeli salad ingredients together in a large bowl and toss with sea salt and EVOO. Set aside for the salad to soften.
- Whisk all the tahini yoghurt ingredients until smooth and set aside.
- To assemble, place the warmed flatbreads onto a clean board. Spread with the tahini yoghurt and scatter over the eggplant and Israeli salad. Slice the egg and place onto the salad. Drizzle with EVOO, sea salt and extra sumac before serving.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Rose or Grenache
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...