Seared Salmon with Sesame Dressing
- 2 Salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 baby cos lettuces’, halved
- Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- 2 small bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- In a mortar and pestle, grind up sesame seeds and a pinch of salt until a fine powder is formed. Add ginger and mirin in 2 batches and mix through.
- Coat Salmon in olive oil and a generous pinch of salt. Place skin side down on pan or bbq on a medium heat for 7-8 minutes until cooked ¾ through, and then turn and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes. Coat lettuces’ on olive oil and place on pan or bbq, flat side down, remove once nicely charred.
- Smear the dressing on the serving plate and stack the cos lettuce on top. Sprinkle the salad ingredients on top and place the salmon to the side.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...