2 – 4 people
- 2 x Simsons Pantry black rice wraps
- 2 cups Cobram Estate light olive oil (for frying)
- 2 small rip avocados
- 2 limes
- Sea salt for seasoning
- 200g sashimi grade yellowfin tuna
- 2 small French shallots, peeled, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- ¼ bunch coriander, washed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely sliced
- Slice each wrap into 12 bite-sized triangles. Heat the olive oil in a wide sided frying pan to 160 degrees.
- Carefully fry the wraps, in batches for 2 minutes, or until crisp. Drain the wraps on kitchen towel to cool.
- Meanwhile place the avocado flesh into a jug along with the juice of 1 lime and a pinch of sea salt.
- Using a stick blender blitz the avocado until smooth. Check for balance and add a little more lime or salt if needed.
- Finely dice the tuna and place into a bowl. Add in the shallots, sesame seeds, coriander and a pinch of sea salt. Drizzle in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mix well.
- To serve, pipe the avocado onto the crispy wraps. Top with a spoonful of the tuna mixture and garnish with chives. Serve with extra lime wedges on the side.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Rose or Pinot Noir or Gamay.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...