2 – 4 people
- 2 x Simsons Pantry black rice wraps
- 2 cups Cobram Estate light olive oil (for frying)
- 2 small rip avocados
- 2 limes
- Sea salt for seasoning
- 200g sashimi grade yellowfin tuna
- 2 small French shallots, peeled, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- ¼ bunch coriander, washed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely sliced
- Slice each wrap into 12 bite-sized triangles. Heat the olive oil in a wide sided frying pan to 160 degrees.
- Carefully fry the wraps, in batches for 2 minutes, or until crisp. Drain the wraps on kitchen towel to cool.
- Meanwhile place the avocado flesh into a jug along with the juice of 1 lime and a pinch of sea salt.
- Using a stick blender blitz the avocado until smooth. Check for balance and add a little more lime or salt if needed.
- Finely dice the tuna and place into a bowl. Add in the shallots, sesame seeds, coriander and a pinch of sea salt. Drizzle in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mix well.
- To serve, pipe the avocado onto the crispy wraps. Top with a spoonful of the tuna mixture and garnish with chives. Serve with extra lime wedges on the side.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Rose or Pinot Noir or Gamay.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...