2 – 4 people
- 2 x Simsons Pantry black rice wraps
- 2 cups Cobram Estate light olive oil (for frying)
- 2 small rip avocados
- 2 limes
- Sea salt for seasoning
- 200g sashimi grade yellowfin tuna
- 2 small French shallots, peeled, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- ¼ bunch coriander, washed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely sliced
- Slice each wrap into 12 bite-sized triangles. Heat the olive oil in a wide sided frying pan to 160 degrees.
- Carefully fry the wraps, in batches for 2 minutes, or until crisp. Drain the wraps on kitchen towel to cool.
- Meanwhile place the avocado flesh into a jug along with the juice of 1 lime and a pinch of sea salt.
- Using a stick blender blitz the avocado until smooth. Check for balance and add a little more lime or salt if needed.
- Finely dice the tuna and place into a bowl. Add in the shallots, sesame seeds, coriander and a pinch of sea salt. Drizzle in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mix well.
- To serve, pipe the avocado onto the crispy wraps. Top with a spoonful of the tuna mixture and garnish with chives. Serve with extra lime wedges on the side.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Rose or Pinot Noir or Gamay.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...