Orange and Cinnamon Brulee
- Coles 500ml thickened cream
- 5 XL egg yolks
- ½ cup caster sugar + extra for dusting
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Zest of 3 oranges
- Pre-heat oven to 130C, fan forced.
- Fill jug with water and boil.
- Heat cream in a saucepan until simmering.
- While cream is coming to temperature, combine egg yolks, sugar, cinnamon and zest in a bowl. Whisk until pale and fluffy.
- Gradually pour hot cream into egg mixture, ensuring to whisk constantly to combine. Once all cream is incorporated, use a wooden spoon to continue to infuse orange zest and to start removing excess air bubbles.
- Strain custard into a jug and divide amongst 4 ramekins and place into a large baking tray, fill tray half way up with boiling water. Place tray into oven and bake for 50 – 60 minutes. Custard should have a slight wobble when ready.
- Chill brulees in the fridge for 4-6 hours.
- Dust with an even layer of caster sugar and blowtorch until burnt caramel.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS : 300gm raw banana prawns, cleaned, chopped into 2cm pieces 130gm raw chorizo, peeled 200gm fettuccine 1 Tbsp. Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced ¼ cup toasted pine nuts 1/3 cup...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 4 - 6 people INGREDIENTS : 1 cup cooked red quinoa seeds 1 medium bulb fennel, finely sliced-fronds reserved for garnish 1 can brown lentils, drained and rinsed 2 cups baby rocket leaves 2Tb lemon juice 2Tb Cobram Estate...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS : 250g Coles Ricotta 4 egg yolks 1 tsp. vanilla bean extract 1 cup Self-Raising flour 200 ml milk 4 egg whites ½ cup caster sugar 50 gm unsalted butter Garnish 200g assorted berries 2 Tbsp. roasted...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 4 - 6 people INGREDIENTS : 5 slices Coles raisin toast, buttered 1 cup thickened cream 1 cup milk 3 eggs 2 egg yolks 1/3 cup caster sugar 1 tsp. vanilla bean extract Zest of 1 orange METHOD : Preheat oven to 140C Cut bread...