Orange and Cinnamon Brulee
- Coles 500ml thickened cream
- 5 XL egg yolks
- ½ cup caster sugar + extra for dusting
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Zest of 3 oranges
- Pre-heat oven to 130C, fan forced.
- Fill jug with water and boil.
- Heat cream in a saucepan until simmering.
- While cream is coming to temperature, combine egg yolks, sugar, cinnamon and zest in a bowl. Whisk until pale and fluffy.
- Gradually pour hot cream into egg mixture, ensuring to whisk constantly to combine. Once all cream is incorporated, use a wooden spoon to continue to infuse orange zest and to start removing excess air bubbles.
- Strain custard into a jug and divide amongst 4 ramekins and place into a large baking tray, fill tray half way up with boiling water. Place tray into oven and bake for 50 – 60 minutes. Custard should have a slight wobble when ready.
- Chill brulees in the fridge for 4-6 hours.
- Dust with an even layer of caster sugar and blowtorch until burnt caramel.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair INGREDIENTS: 1 large whole side of salmon, skin on 2 shallots, diced Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Pyramid Salt BUERRE BLANC: 2 tbsp white wine vinegar ½ cup white wine 1 tbp black peppercorns Pinch of saffron 2 bay leaves 200g...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 people STOCK: 1ltr Massel Liquid Chicken Stock 1tsp fresh ginger, finely sliced 1 clove garlic, sliced ½ star anise 1 small cinnamon stick 1Tb fish sauce 2tsp sugar 2tsp Lee Kum Kee Sesame Oil ½ white onion, sliced 2 cups...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp. Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil 12 Coles raw King Prawns, peeled and deveined, cut into bite-sized pieces 2 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Salt Reduced Soy Sauce 2 Tbsp ketcap manis 2 cups cooked...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair INGREDIENTS: 4 pack Simson’s Pantry Regular Premium White Wraps 2 Tbsp. Cobram Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 tsp. fennel seeds 1 tsp. cumin seeds 1 tsp. dried oregano ½ tsp each Salt and cracked pepper BEETROOT HUMMUS: 300gm cooked beetroot,...