Orange and Cinnamon Brulee
- Coles 500ml thickened cream
- 5 XL egg yolks
- ½ cup caster sugar + extra for dusting
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Zest of 3 oranges
- Pre-heat oven to 130C, fan forced.
- Fill jug with water and boil.
- Heat cream in a saucepan until simmering.
- While cream is coming to temperature, combine egg yolks, sugar, cinnamon and zest in a bowl. Whisk until pale and fluffy.
- Gradually pour hot cream into egg mixture, ensuring to whisk constantly to combine. Once all cream is incorporated, use a wooden spoon to continue to infuse orange zest and to start removing excess air bubbles.
- Strain custard into a jug and divide amongst 4 ramekins and place into a large baking tray, fill tray half way up with boiling water. Place tray into oven and bake for 50 – 60 minutes. Custard should have a slight wobble when ready.
- Chill brulees in the fridge for 4-6 hours.
- Dust with an even layer of caster sugar and blowtorch until burnt caramel.
Summer Fruit and Almond Free Form Tart
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
Warm Peach Pudding
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
Burnt Honey Panna Cotta
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...