Orange and Cinnamon Brulee
- Coles 500ml thickened cream
- 5 XL egg yolks
- ½ cup caster sugar + extra for dusting
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Zest of 3 oranges
- Pre-heat oven to 130C, fan forced.
- Fill jug with water and boil.
- Heat cream in a saucepan until simmering.
- While cream is coming to temperature, combine egg yolks, sugar, cinnamon and zest in a bowl. Whisk until pale and fluffy.
- Gradually pour hot cream into egg mixture, ensuring to whisk constantly to combine. Once all cream is incorporated, use a wooden spoon to continue to infuse orange zest and to start removing excess air bubbles.
- Strain custard into a jug and divide amongst 4 ramekins and place into a large baking tray, fill tray half way up with boiling water. Place tray into oven and bake for 50 – 60 minutes. Custard should have a slight wobble when ready.
- Chill brulees in the fridge for 4-6 hours.
- Dust with an even layer of caster sugar and blowtorch until burnt caramel.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/2 cup honey 3 Tbsp water 200ml Coles Thickened cream 200ml Jalna Sweet and Creamy Yoghurt 4 meringue nests, roughly broken 2 ripe peaches, roughly chopped 2 Tbsp pistachios, chopped METHOD : Place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups Jalna Biodynamic Yoghurt Juice of ½ lemon 4 egg whites 1/3 cup honey ¼ tsp cream of tartar Salt 1 just-ripe mango, thinly sliced 1/3 cup lightly toasted macadamias, roughly chopped 5-6 fresh mint...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Tbsp butter 125ml extra thick cream 3 eggs 3 Tbsp caster sugar ½ cup (60gm) plain flour 400gm frozen cherries, thawed 2 tsp vanilla extract Vanilla ice cream to serve METHOD : Preheat oven to 200C....