Orange and Cinnamon Brulee
- Coles 500ml thickened cream
- 5 XL egg yolks
- ½ cup caster sugar + extra for dusting
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Zest of 3 oranges
- Pre-heat oven to 130C, fan forced.
- Fill jug with water and boil.
- Heat cream in a saucepan until simmering.
- While cream is coming to temperature, combine egg yolks, sugar, cinnamon and zest in a bowl. Whisk until pale and fluffy.
- Gradually pour hot cream into egg mixture, ensuring to whisk constantly to combine. Once all cream is incorporated, use a wooden spoon to continue to infuse orange zest and to start removing excess air bubbles.
- Strain custard into a jug and divide amongst 4 ramekins and place into a large baking tray, fill tray half way up with boiling water. Place tray into oven and bake for 50 – 60 minutes. Custard should have a slight wobble when ready.
- Chill brulees in the fridge for 4-6 hours.
- Dust with an even layer of caster sugar and blowtorch until burnt caramel.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 60gm Lurpak butter 1 1/2 self raising flour 1/4 cup cocoa 1 cup caster sugar 180ml milk 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup cocoa 2 cups boiling water Coles dollop cream, to serve METHOD: Add...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Tbsp butter 2 Granny smith Apples, peeled, cored, diced 2 Tbsp raisins 1/4 cup brown sugar 1 tsp mixed spice Salt 1/3 cup caster sugar 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon Puff pastry Vanilla ice cream, to serve...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150gm Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 60ml cream 1 tsp vanilla extract ¼ cup honey Salt 3 Tbsp poppy seeds 1 egg yolk 6 fresh figs, halved 1 x 20cm tart case METHOD: Preheat oven to 160C...