2 – 4 people
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced**
- 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar
- Icing sugar and cream to serve
- In a food processor, blitz the flour and caster sugar until combined. Add the butter and blitz intoa fine crumb. Add 1 egg and process until mixture comes together.
- Lightly flour a clean work bench and turn out the dough. Gently knead until smooth, shape into a thick rectangle, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 200C and lightly grease and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Roll out the pastry between 2 sheets of non-stick paper to 5mm thickness, approximately 30cmx20cm. Transfer to prepared baking tray and sprinkle the base with almond meal, leaving a border of 3cm. Arrange the sliced fruit on top, fold the border towards the centre, pressing lightly to seal. Lightly whisk remaining egg and brush over the pastry. Sprinkle over the sugar
- And place into the oven to bake for 35-40 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Add a sprinkle of icing sugar and a dollop of cream to serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Topaque
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...
RECIPE BY: Sarah Todd SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 5 large eggs , separated 1 cup granulated sugar , divided 1/3 cup whole milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 12 ounce can Coles evaporated...