2 – 4 people
- 4gm gelatine sheets
- 100ml cream
- 70gm caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped
- 300ml buttermilk, room temperature
- ½ cup honey
- Juice of 1 mandarin
- ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly chopped
- Water, to melt gelatine
- Soak gelatine in cold water until soft.
- In a medium saucepan, add the cream, sugar and vanilla seeds and bring to a boil over a medium heat. Remove from the heat, drain gelatine and squeeze any excess water out before adding into the warmed cream mixture. Whisk until gelatine has completely dissolved. Whisk in the buttermilk.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve and pour into clean moulds. Place in the fridge to set for approximately 4 hours, or overnight.
- Meanwhile, heat the honey in a pan over medium heat. Swirl often to avoid burning. Cook to a deep amber colour, remove from the heat and squeeze in the mandarin juice, whisk to combine.
- Serve panna cottas with a drizzle of the burnt honey and toasted hazelnuts.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Botrytis Semillon
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...
RECIPE BY: Sarah Todd SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 5 large eggs , separated 1 cup granulated sugar , divided 1/3 cup whole milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 12 ounce can Coles evaporated...