Poached Chicken Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
4 – 6 people
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa seeds
- 1 medium bulb fennel, finely sliced-fronds reserved for garnish
- 1 can brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups baby rocket leaves
- 2Tb lemon juice
- 2Tb Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1tsp honey
- ⅓ cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 x 200g skinless Coles chicken breast, trimmed
- 1 ltr Massel chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves (dried is fine)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1Tb ZoOSh Free Range Egg Mayonnaise
- 2Tb thick Greek yoghurt
- 1Tb fresh chives, chopped-Plus extra to serve
- 1Tb fresh dill, chopped
- 10 fresh basil leaves, picked
- 1Tb lemon juice
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- 2 tsp honey
- To poach the chicken, place the stock, bay leaves and garlic into a saucepan over a high heat. Bring up to the boil, season with salt and pepper, then place the whole chicken fillets into the pot. Turn the heat down to very low and cook the chicken for 5 minutes. Cover with a lid, turn off the heat and leave the chicken to gently poach off the heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile to make the green goddess, place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the quinoa, fennel, lentils and rocket into a large bowl. Mix the lemon juice, olive oil, honey and a pinch of sea salt together and pour over the quinoa. Mix well before placing onto a serving platter. Remove the chicken from the stock, slice into strips and place onto the salad. Drizzle over the green goddess dressing, roast almonds and reserved fennel fronds. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...