Poached Chicken Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
4 – 6 people
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa seeds
- 1 medium bulb fennel, finely sliced-fronds reserved for garnish
- 1 can brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups baby rocket leaves
- 2Tb lemon juice
- 2Tb Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1tsp honey
- ⅓ cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 x 200g skinless Coles chicken breast, trimmed
- 1 ltr Massel chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves (dried is fine)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1Tb ZoOSh Free Range Egg Mayonnaise
- 2Tb thick Greek yoghurt
- 1Tb fresh chives, chopped-Plus extra to serve
- 1Tb fresh dill, chopped
- 10 fresh basil leaves, picked
- 1Tb lemon juice
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- 2 tsp honey
- To poach the chicken, place the stock, bay leaves and garlic into a saucepan over a high heat. Bring up to the boil, season with salt and pepper, then place the whole chicken fillets into the pot. Turn the heat down to very low and cook the chicken for 5 minutes. Cover with a lid, turn off the heat and leave the chicken to gently poach off the heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile to make the green goddess, place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the quinoa, fennel, lentils and rocket into a large bowl. Mix the lemon juice, olive oil, honey and a pinch of sea salt together and pour over the quinoa. Mix well before placing onto a serving platter. Remove the chicken from the stock, slice into strips and place onto the salad. Drizzle over the green goddess dressing, roast almonds and reserved fennel fronds. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...