2 – 4 people
- 2 cups leftover cooked rice
- 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced
- 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on
- 2 red onions, thickly sliced
- 2 large red capsicums, thickly sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup Massel salt reduced chicken stock
- 100gm Mediterranean pitted olives, halved
- Salt and Pepper
- Basil to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place a deep based pan over a medium-high heat and add 1 Tbsp EVOO. Lay in chicken thighs skin side down. Sear the chicken for 4 minutes until ghtly golden. Take out and place to the side.
- In the same pan, cook chorizo, onion and capsicum and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the garlic and fennel seeds and fry off or 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Toss through the tomatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes before deglazing with the wine. Add the olives, stock and vinegar and simmer for 10 minutes, season to taste. Place rice into the pan and toss to combine. Add the chicken back in.
- Place the tray into the oven and bake, uncovered for 40-45 minutes until thickened and chicken is golden. **TIP turn the oven to grill for the last 5 minutes to crisp up the skin of the chicken!
- Top with basil to serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Rose, Tempranillo or Grenache
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...
RECIPE BY: Sam Goodwin SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Chicken thigh fillets, skin on 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce 2 tbsp sake 3cm ginger, minced 1 garlic clove, minced 1 tsp caster sugar 1 cup cornflour Sea salt flakes 2L Cobram Estate EVOO oil, for deep...