Spiced Lentil Soup
- ¼ cup Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tin Coles brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 Litre Massel liquid Vegetable Stock
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tsp. KEEN’s Curry Powder
- ½ KEEN’s Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tsp. sweet paprika
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tin Ardmona Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped into 1 cm pieces
- 2 carrots, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add onions and carrots and sauté until soft and translucent, approximately 6 minutes, stir often.
- Add garlic, paprika, KEEN’s Curry Powder, cumin and KEEN’s Chilli Powder stir to combine and cook for a further 1 minute to release the aromatics.
- Add diced tomato, stir and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to a simmer, follow with the lentils, kale, zucchini and thyme, season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper, lid on and continue to simmer for 10 – 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Divide into serving bowls and garnish with fresh herbs, lemon and crusty bread.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS : 300gm raw banana prawns, cleaned, chopped into 2cm pieces 130gm raw chorizo, peeled 200gm fettuccine 1 Tbsp. Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced ¼ cup toasted pine nuts 1/3 cup...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 4 - 6 people INGREDIENTS : 1 cup cooked red quinoa seeds 1 medium bulb fennel, finely sliced-fronds reserved for garnish 1 can brown lentils, drained and rinsed 2 cups baby rocket leaves 2Tb lemon juice 2Tb Cobram Estate...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS : 250g Coles Ricotta 4 egg yolks 1 tsp. vanilla bean extract 1 cup Self-Raising flour 200 ml milk 4 egg whites ½ cup caster sugar 50 gm unsalted butter Garnish 200g assorted berries 2 Tbsp. roasted...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 4 - 6 people INGREDIENTS : 5 slices Coles raisin toast, buttered 1 cup thickened cream 1 cup milk 3 eggs 2 egg yolks 1/3 cup caster sugar 1 tsp. vanilla bean extract Zest of 1 orange METHOD : Preheat oven to 140C Cut bread...