Spiced Stuffed Roast Pumpkin with Lemon Tahini Dressing
6 – 8 people
- 1 whole kent pumpkin, around 2/ 2.5kg
- 1/3 cup (80ml) cobram olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups curly kale, stems removed, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup vegetable stock
- 1 packet Ainsley Harriot Moroccan Medley Cous Cous
- 1/3 cup pistachio nuts, roughly chopped-plus extra to serve
- 1/3 cup roast almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
- 1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Coles tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon Coles maple syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut a circle from the top of the pumpkin to create a plug.
- Scoop out the seeds and membrane and discard, but keep the plug. Tear off a piece of tin foil that is large enough to wrap around the pumpkin in a double layer and place the pumpkin in the center.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes before adding in cumin, cinnamon and kale. Continue to cook for 2 minutes, or until the kale has wilted.
- Add in the vegetable stock and heat through.
- Add in the CousCous mix, gently stir and remove from the heat.
- Cover and leave to steam for 3-4 minutes.
- Fluff the mixture with a fork before adding in the nuts and cranberries.
- Spoon the couscous into the inside of the pumpkin and use the back of a spoon to pat the stuffing in tightly.
- Place the plug back onto the top of the pumpkin and rub over the remaining olive oil.
- Wrap the pumpkin in the foil and bake on an oven tray for 50 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the pumpkin and roast uncovered for a further 20 minutes, or until the pumpkin is soft when a skewer is inserted into the flesh. Remove the pumpkin from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into thick wedges.
- Whisk all the lemon tahini dressing ingredients together in a bowl with a pinch of sea salt.
- To serve, place wedges of the stuffed pumpkin onto serving plates and drizzle with the dressing and scatter with extra pistachio nuts. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY:Courtney Roulston and Scott McRaeSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:12 fresh scallops in the half shell80g Lurpak butter, room temperature2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated1 large clove garlic, grated2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped1 green...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp cooking sake 2 Tbsp Coles soy sauce 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated 1 clove garlic, finely grated 4 chicken thighs, diced into 2 inch thick pieces 1/4 cup potato or corn starch** 1/4...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 6 slices Coles Laurent Sourdough bread 1 tub Zoosh Sour Cream & Chives dip 100ml Cobram Estate classic EVOO 3 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped BASIL PESTO: 1 cup basil leaves 1/2 cup flat leaf...