Spiced Stuffed Roast Pumpkin with Lemon Tahini Dressing
6 – 8 people
- 1 whole kent pumpkin, around 2/ 2.5kg
- 1/3 cup (80ml) cobram olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups curly kale, stems removed, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup vegetable stock
- 1 packet Ainsley Harriot Moroccan Medley Cous Cous
- 1/3 cup pistachio nuts, roughly chopped-plus extra to serve
- 1/3 cup roast almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
- 1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Coles tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon Coles maple syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut a circle from the top of the pumpkin to create a plug.
- Scoop out the seeds and membrane and discard, but keep the plug. Tear off a piece of tin foil that is large enough to wrap around the pumpkin in a double layer and place the pumpkin in the center.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes before adding in cumin, cinnamon and kale. Continue to cook for 2 minutes, or until the kale has wilted.
- Add in the vegetable stock and heat through.
- Add in the CousCous mix, gently stir and remove from the heat.
- Cover and leave to steam for 3-4 minutes.
- Fluff the mixture with a fork before adding in the nuts and cranberries.
- Spoon the couscous into the inside of the pumpkin and use the back of a spoon to pat the stuffing in tightly.
- Place the plug back onto the top of the pumpkin and rub over the remaining olive oil.
- Wrap the pumpkin in the foil and bake on an oven tray for 50 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the pumpkin and roast uncovered for a further 20 minutes, or until the pumpkin is soft when a skewer is inserted into the flesh. Remove the pumpkin from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into thick wedges.
- Whisk all the lemon tahini dressing ingredients together in a bowl with a pinch of sea salt.
- To serve, place wedges of the stuffed pumpkin onto serving plates and drizzle with the dressing and scatter with extra pistachio nuts. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair INGREDIENTS: 1 large whole side of salmon, skin on 2 shallots, diced Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Pyramid Salt BUERRE BLANC: 2 tbsp white wine vinegar ½ cup white wine 1 tbp black peppercorns Pinch of saffron 2 bay leaves 200g...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 people STOCK: 1ltr Massel Liquid Chicken Stock 1tsp fresh ginger, finely sliced 1 clove garlic, sliced ½ star anise 1 small cinnamon stick 1Tb fish sauce 2tsp sugar 2tsp Lee Kum Kee Sesame Oil ½ white onion, sliced 2 cups...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp. Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil 12 Coles raw King Prawns, peeled and deveined, cut into bite-sized pieces 2 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Salt Reduced Soy Sauce 2 Tbsp ketcap manis 2 cups cooked...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair INGREDIENTS: 4 pack Simson’s Pantry Regular Premium White Wraps 2 Tbsp. Cobram Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 tsp. fennel seeds 1 tsp. cumin seeds 1 tsp. dried oregano ½ tsp each Salt and cracked pepper BEETROOT HUMMUS: 300gm cooked beetroot,...