Spiced Stuffed Roast Pumpkin with Lemon Tahini Dressing
6 – 8 people
- 1 whole kent pumpkin, around 2/ 2.5kg
- 1/3 cup (80ml) cobram olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups curly kale, stems removed, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup vegetable stock
- 1 packet Ainsley Harriot Moroccan Medley Cous Cous
- 1/3 cup pistachio nuts, roughly chopped-plus extra to serve
- 1/3 cup roast almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
- 1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Coles tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon Coles maple syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut a circle from the top of the pumpkin to create a plug.
- Scoop out the seeds and membrane and discard, but keep the plug. Tear off a piece of tin foil that is large enough to wrap around the pumpkin in a double layer and place the pumpkin in the center.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes before adding in cumin, cinnamon and kale. Continue to cook for 2 minutes, or until the kale has wilted.
- Add in the vegetable stock and heat through.
- Add in the CousCous mix, gently stir and remove from the heat.
- Cover and leave to steam for 3-4 minutes.
- Fluff the mixture with a fork before adding in the nuts and cranberries.
- Spoon the couscous into the inside of the pumpkin and use the back of a spoon to pat the stuffing in tightly.
- Place the plug back onto the top of the pumpkin and rub over the remaining olive oil.
- Wrap the pumpkin in the foil and bake on an oven tray for 50 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the pumpkin and roast uncovered for a further 20 minutes, or until the pumpkin is soft when a skewer is inserted into the flesh. Remove the pumpkin from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into thick wedges.
- Whisk all the lemon tahini dressing ingredients together in a bowl with a pinch of sea salt.
- To serve, place wedges of the stuffed pumpkin onto serving plates and drizzle with the dressing and scatter with extra pistachio nuts. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS : 300gm raw banana prawns, cleaned, chopped into 2cm pieces 130gm raw chorizo, peeled 200gm fettuccine 1 Tbsp. Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced ¼ cup toasted pine nuts 1/3 cup...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 4 - 6 people INGREDIENTS : 1 cup cooked red quinoa seeds 1 medium bulb fennel, finely sliced-fronds reserved for garnish 1 can brown lentils, drained and rinsed 2 cups baby rocket leaves 2Tb lemon juice 2Tb Cobram Estate...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS : 250g Coles Ricotta 4 egg yolks 1 tsp. vanilla bean extract 1 cup Self-Raising flour 200 ml milk 4 egg whites ½ cup caster sugar 50 gm unsalted butter Garnish 200g assorted berries 2 Tbsp. roasted...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 4 - 6 people INGREDIENTS : 5 slices Coles raisin toast, buttered 1 cup thickened cream 1 cup milk 3 eggs 2 egg yolks 1/3 cup caster sugar 1 tsp. vanilla bean extract Zest of 1 orange METHOD : Preheat oven to 140C Cut bread...