Charred Baby Broccoli and Soft Egg Salad
- 2 bunches baby broccoli, trimmed
- 4 free range eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 x 250gm Coles Black Rice ready to eat pocket
- 2 tablespoons Asian fried shallots to garnish
- ¼ bunch coriander, leaves picked to garnish
- 1 lime to garnish
- 200g palm sugar
- 100ml water
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 long red chillies, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tamarind puree
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- To make the chilli-caramel, Place the palm sugar and water into a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved then add in the garlic, chilli, tamarind and fish sauce. Bring up to a boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer for 6-8 minutes, or until the mixture is sticky and has thickened. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of salted water up to a boil. Add the eggs, cook for 6 minutes then remove and place them into a bowl of iced water to stop them cooking. Peel once cool enough to handle and set aside.
- Heat a char grill plate or frying pan over a high heat. Toss the broccolini with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Grill the broccolini for 3-4 minutes, or until charred and tender.
- To serve, place the warm black rice onto the base of serving bowls. Top with the broccolini and sliced eggs. Drizzle over the chilli caramel dressing and garnish with fried shallots, coriander and lime wedges.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS : 300gm raw banana prawns, cleaned, chopped into 2cm pieces 130gm raw chorizo, peeled 200gm fettuccine 1 Tbsp. Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced ¼ cup toasted pine nuts 1/3 cup...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 4 - 6 people INGREDIENTS : 1 cup cooked red quinoa seeds 1 medium bulb fennel, finely sliced-fronds reserved for garnish 1 can brown lentils, drained and rinsed 2 cups baby rocket leaves 2Tb lemon juice 2Tb Cobram Estate...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS : 250g Coles Ricotta 4 egg yolks 1 tsp. vanilla bean extract 1 cup Self-Raising flour 200 ml milk 4 egg whites ½ cup caster sugar 50 gm unsalted butter Garnish 200g assorted berries 2 Tbsp. roasted...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 4 - 6 people INGREDIENTS : 5 slices Coles raisin toast, buttered 1 cup thickened cream 1 cup milk 3 eggs 2 egg yolks 1/3 cup caster sugar 1 tsp. vanilla bean extract Zest of 1 orange METHOD : Preheat oven to 140C Cut bread...