Charred Baby Broccoli and Soft Egg Salad
- 2 bunches baby broccoli, trimmed
- 4 free range eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 x 250gm Coles Black Rice ready to eat pocket
- 2 tablespoons Asian fried shallots to garnish
- ¼ bunch coriander, leaves picked to garnish
- 1 lime to garnish
- 200g palm sugar
- 100ml water
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 long red chillies, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tamarind puree
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- To make the chilli-caramel, Place the palm sugar and water into a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved then add in the garlic, chilli, tamarind and fish sauce. Bring up to a boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer for 6-8 minutes, or until the mixture is sticky and has thickened. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of salted water up to a boil. Add the eggs, cook for 6 minutes then remove and place them into a bowl of iced water to stop them cooking. Peel once cool enough to handle and set aside.
- Heat a char grill plate or frying pan over a high heat. Toss the broccolini with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Grill the broccolini for 3-4 minutes, or until charred and tender.
- To serve, place the warm black rice onto the base of serving bowls. Top with the broccolini and sliced eggs. Drizzle over the chilli caramel dressing and garnish with fried shallots, coriander and lime wedges.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...