Charred Baby Broccoli and Soft Egg Salad
- 2 bunches baby broccoli, trimmed
- 4 free range eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 x 250gm Coles Black Rice ready to eat pocket
- 2 tablespoons Asian fried shallots to garnish
- ¼ bunch coriander, leaves picked to garnish
- 1 lime to garnish
- 200g palm sugar
- 100ml water
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 long red chillies, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tamarind puree
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- To make the chilli-caramel, Place the palm sugar and water into a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved then add in the garlic, chilli, tamarind and fish sauce. Bring up to a boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer for 6-8 minutes, or until the mixture is sticky and has thickened. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of salted water up to a boil. Add the eggs, cook for 6 minutes then remove and place them into a bowl of iced water to stop them cooking. Peel once cool enough to handle and set aside.
- Heat a char grill plate or frying pan over a high heat. Toss the broccolini with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Grill the broccolini for 3-4 minutes, or until charred and tender.
- To serve, place the warm black rice onto the base of serving bowls. Top with the broccolini and sliced eggs. Drizzle over the chilli caramel dressing and garnish with fried shallots, coriander and lime wedges.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...