Crispy Pork Brioche Bahn Mi
- 4 x Coles Brioche buns to serve
- 2 Coles pork cutlets, boneless, around 2cm thick
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 free range egg, beaten
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Sunflower oil for frying
- 2 carrots, peeled & grated
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup chicken Pate (Normandie brand)
- 2Tb Mayonnaise
- ¼ bunch coriander leaves, picked
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
- Slice the pork cutlets in half horizontally, giving you 4 cutlets around 1cm thick. Dust the pork into seasoned flour, shaking off any excess. Then place into the egg and then into the panko crumbs to give an even coating all around. Set aside.
- Place the grated carrot into a non-reactive bowl along with a good pinch of sea salt. Gently rub the salt into the carrots and set aside for 5 minutes for the salt to drain any moisture from the carrots. Squeeze out any liquid from the carrots, then add in the vinegar, sugar and a dash of water. Set carrots aside for 10 minutes to pickle, then drain.
- Meanwhile place 1 cm of sunflower oil into a large frying pan over a medium heat (around 170 degrees). Cook the pork cutlets in batches for 2 minutes each side, or until golden and crisp. Remove pork from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- To assemble the bahn mi, slice the brioche buns in half horizontally and spread one side with the chicken pate and the other with kewpie mayonnaise. Place on the pickled carrots, crispy pork, red onion, coriander and chilli. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 1/2 cups almond meal 1/4 cup rolled oats 1 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp Coles cinnamon 2 large ripe bananas, mashed 2 eggs, lightly beaten 1/4 cup Jalna Greek yoghurt 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/2...
RECIPE BY:Kylie MillarSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:300g flour75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter75g grated cheddar cheese50g vegemiteColes cling wrapMETHOD:Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses Juice of 1 lemon 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt 1 bunch mint, picked 1 bunch parsley, picked 1 bunch coriander, picked 1 red onion, diced 1 bunch...
View Jess' special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...