Crispy Pork Brioche Bahn Mi
- 4 x Coles Brioche buns to serve
- 2 Coles pork cutlets, boneless, around 2cm thick
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 free range egg, beaten
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Sunflower oil for frying
- 2 carrots, peeled & grated
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup chicken Pate (Normandie brand)
- 2Tb Mayonnaise
- ¼ bunch coriander leaves, picked
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
- Slice the pork cutlets in half horizontally, giving you 4 cutlets around 1cm thick. Dust the pork into seasoned flour, shaking off any excess. Then place into the egg and then into the panko crumbs to give an even coating all around. Set aside.
- Place the grated carrot into a non-reactive bowl along with a good pinch of sea salt. Gently rub the salt into the carrots and set aside for 5 minutes for the salt to drain any moisture from the carrots. Squeeze out any liquid from the carrots, then add in the vinegar, sugar and a dash of water. Set carrots aside for 10 minutes to pickle, then drain.
- Meanwhile place 1 cm of sunflower oil into a large frying pan over a medium heat (around 170 degrees). Cook the pork cutlets in batches for 2 minutes each side, or until golden and crisp. Remove pork from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- To assemble the bahn mi, slice the brioche buns in half horizontally and spread one side with the chicken pate and the other with kewpie mayonnaise. Place on the pickled carrots, crispy pork, red onion, coriander and chilli. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...