A favourite street food choice at any market or festival Matt goes to. Always looking out for the Gozleme stall!
- 250ml warm water
- 2 tsp dry yeast (7gm)
- 3 cups plain flour
- ¼ cup Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Greek yoghurt
- Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil for Cooking
- 150gm silverbeet, stems removed, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, trimmed, finely sliced
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 150gm Greek feta
- In a small bowl add 150ml warm water, yeast and a pinch of salt and mix to combine, set aside in a warm place for 5 minutes. Bubbles should form on the surface.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and create a well in the centre. Pour in the yeast mixture, olive oil and yoghurt and ½ of the remaining water. Using your hands, fold in the flour from the sides into the middle and bring together. Add extra water if needed, a little bit at a time and knead into a soft dough. ** Dough should be pliable and elastic, and not too sticky too handle. Turn out onto a floured surface and divide into 6 equal pieces. Knead each portion until smooth and roll them into soft balls. Transfer to an oiled tray, cover with a clean cloth and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes or until dough balls have doubled in size.
- Meanwhile make the filling. Place the silverbeet, onions, parsley and olive oil into a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Massage the mixture for 1-2 minutes to soften the silverbeet. Crumble in the feta and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Set aside until needed.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour and roll out one of the balls with a floured rolling pin into a rectangle shape, as thinly as possible, approximately 30cmx40cm. Drizzle with a little olive oil and fold the left and right sides into the middle. Spoon ¼ cup of the filling into the middle and spread out evenly. Fold the top and bottom into the middle to cover the filling. Pinch the sides together to seal. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place a large pan over a medium heat and drizzle with olive oil. Brush one side of the gozleme liberally with olive oil and place in the pan for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Brush the uncooked side with olive oil and flip over. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Cut into squares, season with salt and a generous squeeze of fresh lemon. Serve immediately.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston INGREDIENTS: 1.2kg cauliflower, leaves on 2 Tb Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil olive oil TOMATO-HARISSA SAUCE: 1 x can Ardmona Diced Tomatoes ½ cup whole roast almonds 2 clove garlic, peeled 2 teaspoons harissa paste 3 Tb Cobram...
RECIPE BY: Michael Wheldon INGREDIENTS: 1.25kg Coles fresh skin on salmon side fillet 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil Big pinch of salt DRESSING: Dill, stemmed removed and finely chopped 15g tarragon, stems removed, finely chopped 20g chives,...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair INGREDIENTS: 2 x Spatchcocks 200ml Orange juice 4x Star Anise ¼ cup sesame seeds ½ cup castor sugar 2 cups Snow Peas 3 x Carrots, peeled and sliced 1 inch ginger, roughly chopped 3 tbsp of Cobram Estate Olive Oil Light Flavor Pinch of Salt...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 4 people TIME: Prep Time 10 mins Cook time 15-20mins INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Graze mince beef 1 Loaf of Sourdough 1 Brown Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, finely diced 2 Thyme sprigs, de-stemmed 1tbs Red Wine vinegar 1tbs Tomato...