Italian Meatballs with Spaghetti
- 500gm Coles Pork mince
- 340gm spaghetti
- 1 cup panko crumb
- ½ cup milk
- 100gm hot sopressa, finely shredded and diced
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- ½ Tbsp. fennel seeds
- 1 egg
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tin Ardmona Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tsp. dried oregano
- 3 ½ cups Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, place the breadcrumbs and milk, stir to combine and allow to soak and absorb for 2-3 minutes. Add the remaining meatball ingredients including a generous pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well to combine. Using wet hands, roll mixture into walnut-sized balls and place on a lined baking tray until required (cover with cling film and refrigerate if you are making these ahead of time).
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over low-medium. Add the onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until almost translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for further 2 minutes, stirring continuously to avoid browning. Add tomato paste and stir through onions and garlic for a further 1-2 minutes. Add tinned tomato, herbs and vegetable stock, increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and season to taste with a generous pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drop the meatballs into the sauce and allow to sit for 10 minutes without stirring. This will ensure that the meatballs firm up well and do not break-up in the sauce. Simmer for a minimum of 1 hour, stirring regularly to ensure even cooking. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Add a little more vegetable stock if the sauce thickens too much.
- Meanwhile, place a pot of salted water over a high heat and bring to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook as per packet instructions. Strain and add to the meatball sauce. Stir through carefully, divide into serving bowls and garnish with fresh parsley and grated parmesan cheese.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair INGREDIENTS: 1 large whole side of salmon, skin on 2 shallots, diced Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Pyramid Salt BUERRE BLANC: 2 tbsp white wine vinegar ½ cup white wine 1 tbp black peppercorns Pinch of saffron 2 bay leaves 200g...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 people STOCK: 1ltr Massel Liquid Chicken Stock 1tsp fresh ginger, finely sliced 1 clove garlic, sliced ½ star anise 1 small cinnamon stick 1Tb fish sauce 2tsp sugar 2tsp Lee Kum Kee Sesame Oil ½ white onion, sliced 2 cups...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp. Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil 12 Coles raw King Prawns, peeled and deveined, cut into bite-sized pieces 2 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Salt Reduced Soy Sauce 2 Tbsp ketcap manis 2 cups cooked...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair INGREDIENTS: 4 pack Simson’s Pantry Regular Premium White Wraps 2 Tbsp. Cobram Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 tsp. fennel seeds 1 tsp. cumin seeds 1 tsp. dried oregano ½ tsp each Salt and cracked pepper BEETROOT HUMMUS: 300gm cooked beetroot,...