Italian Meatballs with Spaghetti
- 500gm Coles Pork mince
- 340gm spaghetti
- 1 cup panko crumb
- ½ cup milk
- 100gm hot sopressa, finely shredded and diced
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- ½ Tbsp. fennel seeds
- 1 egg
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tin Ardmona Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tsp. dried oregano
- 3 ½ cups Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, place the breadcrumbs and milk, stir to combine and allow to soak and absorb for 2-3 minutes. Add the remaining meatball ingredients including a generous pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well to combine. Using wet hands, roll mixture into walnut-sized balls and place on a lined baking tray until required (cover with cling film and refrigerate if you are making these ahead of time).
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over low-medium. Add the onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until almost translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for further 2 minutes, stirring continuously to avoid browning. Add tomato paste and stir through onions and garlic for a further 1-2 minutes. Add tinned tomato, herbs and vegetable stock, increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and season to taste with a generous pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drop the meatballs into the sauce and allow to sit for 10 minutes without stirring. This will ensure that the meatballs firm up well and do not break-up in the sauce. Simmer for a minimum of 1 hour, stirring regularly to ensure even cooking. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Add a little more vegetable stock if the sauce thickens too much.
- Meanwhile, place a pot of salted water over a high heat and bring to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook as per packet instructions. Strain and add to the meatball sauce. Stir through carefully, divide into serving bowls and garnish with fresh parsley and grated parmesan cheese.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston INGREDIENTS: 1.2kg cauliflower, leaves on 2 Tb Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil olive oil TOMATO-HARISSA SAUCE: 1 x can Ardmona Diced Tomatoes ½ cup whole roast almonds 2 clove garlic, peeled 2 teaspoons harissa paste 3 Tb Cobram...
RECIPE BY: Michael Wheldon INGREDIENTS: 1.25kg Coles fresh skin on salmon side fillet 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil Big pinch of salt DRESSING: Dill, stemmed removed and finely chopped 15g tarragon, stems removed, finely chopped 20g chives,...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair INGREDIENTS: 2 x Spatchcocks 200ml Orange juice 4x Star Anise ¼ cup sesame seeds ½ cup castor sugar 2 cups Snow Peas 3 x Carrots, peeled and sliced 1 inch ginger, roughly chopped 3 tbsp of Cobram Estate Olive Oil Light Flavor Pinch of Salt...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 4 people TIME: Prep Time 10 mins Cook time 15-20mins INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Graze mince beef 1 Loaf of Sourdough 1 Brown Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, finely diced 2 Thyme sprigs, de-stemmed 1tbs Red Wine vinegar 1tbs Tomato...