Steak Sandwich with Burnt Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Coles Beef Porterhouse Steak
- 1 Turkish roll
- 2 leaves baby cos
- 1 small brown onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 medium bulb beetroot, peeled and julienned
- ½ cup malt vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ water
Burnt butter hollandaise
- 200 gm unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. hot English mustard
- Pinch sea salt
Burnt Butter Hollandaise:
- Melt butter down in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until butter becomes foamy and caramelised with a nutty aroma, approximately 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg yolks, vinegar, mustard and a pinch of sea salt and whisk together until smooth.
- Slowly drizzle burnt butter into egg mixture, whisking continuously to emulsify. Consistency should resemble mayonnaise, adjust seasoning if necessary.
- In a small saucepan, add vinegar, sugar, water and a pinch of salt and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat once sugar has completely dissolved. Pour over julienned beetroot; cover completely and mix to combine. Set aside for approximately 10 minutes. Strain off.
- In a frypan over medium-high heat, add olive oil, onions and cumin seeds and cook until caramelised. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Season steak generously with sea salt. Return frypan to a medium high heat. When pan is hot, add steak and cook one side until caramelised, approximately 3-4 minutes. Turn steak over and cook for a further 2 minutes until medium. Rest steak off the heat for 3-4 minutes. Slice into 1 cm strips.
- Preheat oven to 220C. Cut Turkish bread in half and place cut side down in frypan to soak up juices. Place in oven and heat until slightly toasted.
- Assemble sandwich with a generous spread of hollandaise on the base, followed by caramelised onions, steak, pickled beets, baby cos and top of Turkish roll.
Summer Fruit and Almond Free Form Tart
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...