2 – 4 people
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup Coles plain flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup Coles brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp. BiCarb soda
- 1 tsp. salt.
- 1 litre coconut sorbet
- Preheat oven to 180C (Fan forced). Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oats, flour, coconut and brown sugar. Add egg, the golden syrup and coconut oil and mix until combined. Add in the bi carb soda and stir to combine all ingredients and season with salt.
- Take 2 tablespoons of mixture and form a small circle in your hand, place onto prepared baking tray and repeat with remaining mixture. Ensure there is enough space between each on the tray to allow them to expand. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To assemble, place 1 scoop of coconut sorbet onto the underside of a biscuit. Working quickly, take another biscuit and sandwich the sorbet, pressing them together to evenly distribute the sorbet out to the edges. Place in the freezer until needed.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Fortified Topaque to match the sweetness and the richness of the golden syrup.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...