2 – 4 people
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer
- 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 tsp Coles ground ginger
- Pinch salt
- 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 220C. Lightly grease a 20cm cake tin.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cream, ginger beer, sugar and ground ginger and mix to combine. Sift in the flour and use a knife to gently mix together. Dough will be quite sticky, but don’t over work it.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured work bench and gently knead until combined. Press the dough out to 3 cm thickness and using a 6cm cookie cutter, cut out 8 rounds and place them side by side on the baking tin. Bring any remaining dough together and cut out any extra scones.
- Brush the tops of the scones with milk and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Remove from oven and serve warm with jam and cream.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Viognier to match the ginger spice
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Sarah Todd SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 5 large eggs , separated 1 cup granulated sugar , divided 1/3 cup whole milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 12 ounce can Coles evaporated...