2 – 4 people
- 280gm Self raising flour
- 150gm brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 200gm grated carrot
- 150 gm shredded coconut
- 2 eggs
- 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- ¼ cup coconut cream
COCONUT CREAM CHEESE:
- 150gm Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 100gm LURPAK unsalted butter, softened
- 60ml coconut cream
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut, toasted (garnish)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 180C and lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, carrot and coconut and mix to combine. Create a well in the middle.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the eggs, EVOO, sugar and cinnamon. Mix to combine and pour into the well of the larger bowl. Fold ingredients into each other and add coconut cream. Fold until incorporated. Spoon into the muffin holes and place into the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the cream cheese icing. In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer or beaters, beat the cream cheese, butter, lemon juice and zest and coconut cream together to combine. Sift in half of the icing sugar and beat on low to incorporate. Sift in the remaining icing sugar and beat until thickened. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until muffins have cooled completely. Slather on top of each muffin and sprinkle over the shaved toasted coconut.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Botrytis Riesling
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...
RECIPE BY: Sarah Todd SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 5 large eggs , separated 1 cup granulated sugar , divided 1/3 cup whole milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 12 ounce can Coles evaporated...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:CARAMEL:1 - 2 cups Coles Caster SugarCUSTARD:400ml Coles milk250g Philadelphia Spreadable cream cheese375g Coles condensed milk5 whole eggsVanilla bean pasteColes Aluminium foilMETHOD:Preheat oven to 140. In...