- 5 Coles Large Granny Smith Apples, peeled and cored, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 75 gm Ballantyne Unsalted Butter
- 75 gm rolled oats
- 50 gm brown sugar
- 50 gm shaved coconut
- 50 gm plain flour
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 50 gm Ballantyne Unsalted Butter
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a food processor, blitz together butter, oats, brown sugar, coconut, flour, 5 spice and salt on high into a biscuit crumb. Lay out onto a flat baking tray, and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Check crumb at 5 minute intervals to ensure even cooking. Once crumble is out of the oven, turn oven to grill setting.
- In a pan over a medium-high heat, bring caster sugar to a caramel. Add butter and emulsify. Add apples and coat evenly in caramel. Cover and steam apples for 3-4 minutes.
- Top apple caramel mixture with an even coating of crumble. Place pan in under grill and toast crumble to your liking. (I like a few burnt bits!)
- Serve with boozy custard or vanilla ice-cream.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...