- 5 Coles Large Granny Smith Apples, peeled and cored, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 75 gm Ballantyne Unsalted Butter
- 75 gm rolled oats
- 50 gm brown sugar
- 50 gm shaved coconut
- 50 gm plain flour
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 50 gm Ballantyne Unsalted Butter
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a food processor, blitz together butter, oats, brown sugar, coconut, flour, 5 spice and salt on high into a biscuit crumb. Lay out onto a flat baking tray, and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Check crumb at 5 minute intervals to ensure even cooking. Once crumble is out of the oven, turn oven to grill setting.
- In a pan over a medium-high heat, bring caster sugar to a caramel. Add butter and emulsify. Add apples and coat evenly in caramel. Cover and steam apples for 3-4 minutes.
- Top apple caramel mixture with an even coating of crumble. Place pan in under grill and toast crumble to your liking. (I like a few burnt bits!)
- Serve with boozy custard or vanilla ice-cream.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 65g honey 18g bi-carb soda 415 g caster Sugar 150g glucose Syrup 70g water METHOD: Line a 20cm-baking tray with baking paper. Pour honey, caster sugar, glucose syrup and water into a large pot and...
RECIPE BY:Georgia BarnesSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 cups preserved morello cherries2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries600ml Coles thickened cream200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped50g Coles dark chocolate,...
RECIPE BY:Michael WeldonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:1 punnet of Coles Taste n See strawberries, quartered¼ pineapple, chopped into 1-2 cm wide slices½ cup Lurpak salted butter1 sheet of puff pastry½ cup sugar½ cup cream METHOD:Preheat fan-forced oven to 180...
RECIPE BY:Courtney RoulstonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:250g Lurpak unsalted butter4 tablespoons cocoa powder2 cups caster sugar1 cup hot water1 ½ cups plain flour¼ cup self raising flour2 Coles eggs, slightly beaten1 tablespoon instant coffee1/3 cup whiskey1...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 eggs1 cup caster sugar3/4 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO1 tsp vanilla extract2 cups grated carrot1 1/4 cup plain flour1 tsp baking soda3 tsp ground cinnamon3 tsp mixed spice1/2 tsp salt1/3 cup toasted...