Apple Frangipane Tart With Salted Caramel Sauce
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled, halved, cored, thinly sliced
- 375gm packet butter puff pastry, thawed *must have this brand
- 20g Ballantyne Cultured Style Unsalted Butter
- 3Tb caster sugar
- Crème fraiche to serve
- 60g Ballantyne Cultured Style Unsalted Butter, softened, room temperature
- ½ cup pure icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 100g almond meal
- 1 tsp cornflour
SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 firmly packed cup brown sugar
- 120gm Ballantyne Cultured Style Unsalted Butter
- ¾ cup thickened cream
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- For the frangipane, combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place the sliced apples in a bowl of water with a lemon squeezed into it to stop the apples browning.
- Roll out pastry on a floured work surface until 5mm thick. Cut a 32cm round out of the pastry and transfer to a lined baking tray. Using a small knife, score a 1cm border around the outside of the pastry. Prick the inner pastry with a fork, then top center with the frangipane. Drain apples and arrange in an overlapping circular pattern over the top.
- Combine butter and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat until melted. Brush over the apples, then bake tart for 30-40 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile for the salted caramel sauce, combine the brown sugar, butter and cream in a saucepan over a medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, then take off the heat. Add in the sea salt to taste.
- Serve the tart with salted caramel and crème fraiche.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 65g honey 18g bi-carb soda 415 g caster Sugar 150g glucose Syrup 70g water METHOD: Line a 20cm-baking tray with baking paper. Pour honey, caster sugar, glucose syrup and water into a large pot and...
RECIPE BY:Georgia BarnesSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 cups preserved morello cherries2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries600ml Coles thickened cream200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped50g Coles dark chocolate,...
RECIPE BY:Michael WeldonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:1 punnet of Coles Taste n See strawberries, quartered¼ pineapple, chopped into 1-2 cm wide slices½ cup Lurpak salted butter1 sheet of puff pastry½ cup sugar½ cup cream METHOD:Preheat fan-forced oven to 180...
RECIPE BY:Courtney RoulstonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:250g Lurpak unsalted butter4 tablespoons cocoa powder2 cups caster sugar1 cup hot water1 ½ cups plain flour¼ cup self raising flour2 Coles eggs, slightly beaten1 tablespoon instant coffee1/3 cup whiskey1...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 eggs1 cup caster sugar3/4 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO1 tsp vanilla extract2 cups grated carrot1 1/4 cup plain flour1 tsp baking soda3 tsp ground cinnamon3 tsp mixed spice1/2 tsp salt1/3 cup toasted...