Apple Frangipane Tart With Salted Caramel Sauce
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled, halved, cored, thinly sliced
- 375gm packet butter puff pastry, thawed *must have this brand
- 20g Ballantyne Cultured Style Unsalted Butter
- 3Tb caster sugar
- Crème fraiche to serve
- 60g Ballantyne Cultured Style Unsalted Butter, softened, room temperature
- ½ cup pure icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 100g almond meal
- 1 tsp cornflour
SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 firmly packed cup brown sugar
- 120gm Ballantyne Cultured Style Unsalted Butter
- ¾ cup thickened cream
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- For the frangipane, combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until combined. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place the sliced apples in a bowl of water with a lemon squeezed into it to stop the apples browning.
- Roll out pastry on a floured work surface until 5mm thick. Cut a 32cm round out of the pastry and transfer to a lined baking tray. Using a small knife, score a 1cm border around the outside of the pastry. Prick the inner pastry with a fork, then top center with the frangipane. Drain apples and arrange in an overlapping circular pattern over the top.
- Combine butter and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat until melted. Brush over the apples, then bake tart for 30-40 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile for the salted caramel sauce, combine the brown sugar, butter and cream in a saucepan over a medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, then take off the heat. Add in the sea salt to taste.
- Serve the tart with salted caramel and crème fraiche.
Summer Fruit and Almond Free Form Tart
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
Warm Peach Pudding
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
Burnt Honey Panna Cotta
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
Burnt Spanish Cheese Cake
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
Carrot and Coconut Muffins
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
Ginger Beer Scones
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...