2 – 4 people
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Granny smith Apples, peeled, cored, diced
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Puff pastry
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Heat the butter in a medium pan over a medium heat until foaming. Add the apples and raisins and cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes to soften slightly. Add the brown sugar, mixed spice and a small pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often for 7-8 minutes or until apples are fork tender and caramelised. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Create 8 discs from the Puff Pastry. Use a small bowl as a template to cut around. Place the discs on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Next, scoop a small bundle and place in the centre of the pastry, careful not to overfill. With another piece of pastry, stretch out gently and place on the top like a lid. Make sure to push all air out as you seal it, then press the edges with a fork to clamp it closed. Brush with egg yolk, sprinkle with castor sugar and cinnamon and put into the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream and enjoy!
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Botrytis Semillon.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...