2 – 4 people
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Granny smith Apples, peeled, cored, diced
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Puff pastry
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Heat the butter in a medium pan over a medium heat until foaming. Add the apples and raisins and cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes to soften slightly. Add the brown sugar, mixed spice and a small pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often for 7-8 minutes or until apples are fork tender and caramelised. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Create 8 discs from the Puff Pastry. Use a small bowl as a template to cut around. Place the discs on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Next, scoop a small bundle and place in the centre of the pastry, careful not to overfill. With another piece of pastry, stretch out gently and place on the top like a lid. Make sure to push all air out as you seal it, then press the edges with a fork to clamp it closed. Brush with egg yolk, sprinkle with castor sugar and cinnamon and put into the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream and enjoy!
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:1 x 375g All butter puff pastry sheet8 peaches, washed2 tablespoons honey, plus extra to serve1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste1 x 250g Philadelphia spreadable cream cheesePISTACHIO PRALINE:½ cup pistachio nuts½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 60gm Lurpak butter 1 1/2 self raising flour 1/4 cup cocoa 1 cup caster sugar 180ml milk 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup cocoa 2 cups boiling water Coles dollop cream, to serve METHOD: Add...
RECIPE BY: Lillie Giang SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 tbsp water 1 cup red syrup 1 cup Valcom Water Chestnut Whole (cut into small, evenly, bite-sized pieces) 1 cup tapioca flour ½ cup water ½ cup sugar 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk crushed ice a pinch of...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150gm Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 60ml cream 1 tsp vanilla extract ¼ cup honey Salt 3 Tbsp poppy seeds 1 egg yolk 6 fresh figs, halved 1 x 20cm tart case METHOD: Preheat oven to 160C...
RECIPE BY:Steve Flood w. Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:APPLE FILLING:6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped into 1.5cm dicezest and juice of 2 lemons3 tablespoons brown sugar1 tablespoon salted butter1 teaspoon ground cinnamon1⁄4...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups Jalna Biodynamic Yoghurt Juice of 1/2 lemon 4 egg whites 1/3 cup honey 1/4 tsp cream of tartar Salt 1 just-ripe mango, thinly sliced 1/3 cup lightly toasted macadamias, roughly chopped 5-6 fresh...