2 – 4 people
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Coles cinnamon
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Jalna Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple or golden syrup
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 150C (fan-forced). Line and grease a loaf tin with butter or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, rolled oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the bananas, eggs, yoghurt, vanilla and syrup and mix together. Transfer into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix well to combine. Add in the walnuts and mix through evenly.
- Pour out into prepared loaf tin, sprinkle with a little salt and cinnamon and bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes. Check after 40 minutes; a skewer inserted into the middle will come out clean when ready.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Chilled Tawny
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...