2 – 4 people
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Coles cinnamon
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Jalna Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple or golden syrup
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 150C (fan-forced). Line and grease a loaf tin with butter or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, rolled oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the bananas, eggs, yoghurt, vanilla and syrup and mix together. Transfer into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix well to combine. Add in the walnuts and mix through evenly.
- Pour out into prepared loaf tin, sprinkle with a little salt and cinnamon and bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes. Check after 40 minutes; a skewer inserted into the middle will come out clean when ready.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Chilled Tawny
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 185g plain flour, plus extra for dusting ¼ teaspoon baking powder 120g salted Lurpak butter, cold, cut into cubes 90g Philadelphia cream cheese, cold, cut into cubes 3 tablespoons cream, cold ALMOND...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:1 x 375g All butter puff pastry sheet8 peaches, washed2 tablespoons honey, plus extra to serve1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste1 x 250g Philadelphia spreadable cream cheesePISTACHIO PRALINE:½ cup pistachio nuts½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 60gm Lurpak butter 1 1/2 self raising flour 1/4 cup cocoa 1 cup caster sugar 180ml milk 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup cocoa 2 cups boiling water Coles dollop cream, to serve METHOD: Add...
RECIPE BY: Lillie Giang SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 tbsp water 1 cup red syrup 1 cup Valcom Water Chestnut Whole (cut into small, evenly, bite-sized pieces) 1 cup tapioca flour ½ cup water ½ cup sugar 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk crushed ice a pinch of...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Tbsp butter 2 Granny smith Apples, peeled, cored, diced 2 Tbsp raisins 1/4 cup brown sugar 1 tsp mixed spice Salt 1/3 cup caster sugar 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon Puff pastry Vanilla ice cream, to serve...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150gm Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 60ml cream 1 tsp vanilla extract ¼ cup honey Salt 3 Tbsp poppy seeds 1 egg yolk 6 fresh figs, halved 1 x 20cm tart case METHOD: Preheat oven to 160C...