2 – 4 people
- 250g Lurpak unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- ¼ cup self raising flour
- 2 Coles eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1/3 cup whiskey
- 1 pinch of salt
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Coles Double cream for serving
- Pre heat oven to 165 degrees C. Combine butter, chocolate, sugar, water, coffee and whisky in a medium saucepan. Place onto a medium heat, stirring until completely melted and smooth. Cool before sifting in the flours, then sir through eggs until well combined.
- Grease and line a springform cake tin. Pour in the cake batter and bake for 1 ¼ hours, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before serving with icing sugar and cream.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Liquor Muscat
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...