2 – 4 people
- 400ml milk
- 50gm hazelnut meal
- 100g Coles 70% dark chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 50g LURPAK unsalted butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp hazelnut spread
- 2 eggs
- 50g plain flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 110g caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 160C and lightly grease a 1 Litre capacity ovenproof pan/tin.
Over a low heat in a saucepan, heat the milk and dark chocolate until the chocolate is melted.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and well incorporated, scrape down the sides of the blender if needed and blend to combine. Pour out into prepared pan and place in the oven to bake on a flat baking tray for 30-35 minutes or until set with a slight wobble in the centre. Remove and allow to cool slightly before serving with ice cream.
- **It is called an impossible pudding/pie because it is very easy to put together and when baked it forms 3 separate layers; a crust on the base, a custard centre and a golden top.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Liqueur Muscat
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...