Banana Rum Tarte Tatin
2 – 4 people
- 1 Sheet Coles Puff Pastry
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 60ml rum
- 30 gm butter
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Peel and slice bananas into 4cm chunks. Place pastry over frypan and cut slightly larger in order to tuck the excess pastry under the bananas. Set aside.
- Place caster sugar in a 20cm frypan over a medium heat. Bring to a golden caramel.
- Once you have reached desired caramel colour, deglaze with rum and allow the alcohol to burn off, approximately 1 minute.
- Add butter and whisk through caramel, add salt and cinnamon.
- Place bananas into caramel, toss through until evenly coated and cover with pastry sheet, tuck edges under for a nice crunchy rim. Make a small incision in centre of pastry to allow steam to escape. (Option to brush with egg wash).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Flip upside down onto a plate (be careful!)
- Serve with coconut gelato!
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...