Banana Rum Tarte Tatin
2 – 4 people
- 1 Sheet Coles Puff Pastry
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 60ml rum
- 30 gm butter
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Peel and slice bananas into 4cm chunks. Place pastry over frypan and cut slightly larger in order to tuck the excess pastry under the bananas. Set aside.
- Place caster sugar in a 20cm frypan over a medium heat. Bring to a golden caramel.
- Once you have reached desired caramel colour, deglaze with rum and allow the alcohol to burn off, approximately 1 minute.
- Add butter and whisk through caramel, add salt and cinnamon.
- Place bananas into caramel, toss through until evenly coated and cover with pastry sheet, tuck edges under for a nice crunchy rim. Make a small incision in centre of pastry to allow steam to escape. (Option to brush with egg wash).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Flip upside down onto a plate (be careful!)
- Serve with coconut gelato!
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 65g honey 18g bi-carb soda 415 g caster Sugar 150g glucose Syrup 70g water METHOD: Line a 20cm-baking tray with baking paper. Pour honey, caster sugar, glucose syrup and water into a large pot and...
RECIPE BY:Georgia BarnesSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 cups preserved morello cherries2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries600ml Coles thickened cream200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped50g Coles dark chocolate,...
RECIPE BY:Michael WeldonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:1 punnet of Coles Taste n See strawberries, quartered¼ pineapple, chopped into 1-2 cm wide slices½ cup Lurpak salted butter1 sheet of puff pastry½ cup sugar½ cup cream METHOD:Preheat fan-forced oven to 180...
RECIPE BY:Courtney RoulstonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:250g Lurpak unsalted butter4 tablespoons cocoa powder2 cups caster sugar1 cup hot water1 ½ cups plain flour¼ cup self raising flour2 Coles eggs, slightly beaten1 tablespoon instant coffee1/3 cup whiskey1...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 eggs1 cup caster sugar3/4 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO1 tsp vanilla extract2 cups grated carrot1 1/4 cup plain flour1 tsp baking soda3 tsp ground cinnamon3 tsp mixed spice1/2 tsp salt1/3 cup toasted...