2 – 4 people
- 2 cups preserved morello cherries
- 2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 600ml Coles thickened cream
- 200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 50g Coles dark chocolate, shaved
- To make the black forest syrup, place morello cherries and cherry syrup into a medium saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes or until syrup has reduced. Gently stir through blackberries. Set aside to cool.
- To make the mousse, place a medium saucepan of water over high heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce to low heat. Place chocolate into a medium-sized heatproof bowl and carefully place on top of saucepan, ensuring the water is not touching the base of the bowl. Using a metal spoon, stir chocolate until almost melted. Remove from heat and continue to stir until smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour cream into a mixing jug or bowl. Using a stick blender or electric beaters, whip cream to soft peaks. Reserve 1 cup of cream for serving.
- Gently fold melted chocolate into whipped cream until just combined. Transfer mixture to a piping bag. Carefully pipe mousse into serving glasses. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, place generous spoonfuls of cream and black forest syrup into each glass. Top with shaved chocolate.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Liqueur Muscat.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...