2 – 4 people
- 2 cups preserved morello cherries
- 2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 600ml Coles thickened cream
- 200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 50g Coles dark chocolate, shaved
- To make the black forest syrup, place morello cherries and cherry syrup into a medium saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes or until syrup has reduced. Gently stir through blackberries. Set aside to cool.
- To make the mousse, place a medium saucepan of water over high heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce to low heat. Place chocolate into a medium-sized heatproof bowl and carefully place on top of saucepan, ensuring the water is not touching the base of the bowl. Using a metal spoon, stir chocolate until almost melted. Remove from heat and continue to stir until smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour cream into a mixing jug or bowl. Using a stick blender or electric beaters, whip cream to soft peaks. Reserve 1 cup of cream for serving.
- Gently fold melted chocolate into whipped cream until just combined. Transfer mixture to a piping bag. Carefully pipe mousse into serving glasses. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, place generous spoonfuls of cream and black forest syrup into each glass. Top with shaved chocolate.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Liqueur Muscat.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 60gm Lurpak butter 1 1/2 self raising flour 1/4 cup cocoa 1 cup caster sugar 180ml milk 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup cocoa 2 cups boiling water Coles dollop cream, to serve METHOD: Add...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Tbsp butter 2 Granny smith Apples, peeled, cored, diced 2 Tbsp raisins 1/4 cup brown sugar 1 tsp mixed spice Salt 1/3 cup caster sugar 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon Puff pastry Vanilla ice cream, to serve...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150gm Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 60ml cream 1 tsp vanilla extract ¼ cup honey Salt 3 Tbsp poppy seeds 1 egg yolk 6 fresh figs, halved 1 x 20cm tart case METHOD: Preheat oven to 160C...
RECIPE BY:Steve Flood w. Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:APPLE FILLING:6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped into 1.5cm dicezest and juice of 2 lemons3 tablespoons brown sugar1 tablespoon salted butter1 teaspoon ground cinnamon1⁄4...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups Jalna Biodynamic Yoghurt Juice of 1/2 lemon 4 egg whites 1/3 cup honey 1/4 tsp cream of tartar Salt 1 just-ripe mango, thinly sliced 1/3 cup lightly toasted macadamias, roughly chopped 5-6 fresh...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Dough 150g plain flour 150g bread (strong) flour 3g dry yeast 200mL warm water 10mL Cobram Estate classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Pinch of sea salt Extra plain flour or semolina flour for working dough...