2 – 4 people
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 punnets of blueberries
- Vanilla Icecream
- Extra maple syrup
- Extra blueberries
- Mix flour, baking powder and milk, just until it comes together. Add in maple syrup and stir through.
- Separate the whites and yolks of the eggs, putting the whites into a bowl and the yolks straight into the mixture. Mix the yolks into the batter.
- With a clean whisk, whisk the egg whites until they are fluffy and form stiff peaks.
- Scoop egg whites into batter and fold in gently.
- Heat a pan on stove and add a knob of butter to melt and coat pan. Add 3-4 tablespoons of pancake mixture into pan.
- When bubbles start to form on top of pancake mixture, take a small handful of blueberries and sprinkle over the top of mixture.
- Allow to cook for 30 seconds to a minute, and flip pancake over to cook the other side. Take pancake out and set aside.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and blueberries, cleaning the pan and adding fresh butter as needed.
- Serve with fresh blueberries, vanilla icecream and extra maple syrup.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Moscato.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...