Brown Sugar Walnut Cakes
- 250gm Ballantyne Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 250gm brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 200 gm walnuts, blitzed into meal
- 200gm plain flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 200ml milk
- Pinch of salt
- Mascarpone cream
- Orange zest
- Preheat fan forced oven to 180C. Grease cupcake tin.
- Cream butter, sugar and salt with paddle mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mix until evenly combined. Stop mixer. Add walnut meal, flour and baking powder, mix on low until roughly combined, approximately 1 minute. Slowly add milk, mix on low until evenly combined, approximately 1 minute.
- Soon mixture into cupcake tins, fill to ¾. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Increase oven to 200C for final 10 minutes and bake until golden brown and slightly darker around the edges.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto cooling rack.
- Serve with sweet mascarpone cream, a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of orange zest.
Summer Fruit and Almond Free Form Tart
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
Warm Peach Pudding
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
Burnt Honey Panna Cotta
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
Burnt Spanish Cheese Cake
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
Carrot and Coconut Muffins
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
Ginger Beer Scones
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...