Brown Sugar Walnut Cakes
- 250gm Ballantyne Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 250gm brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 200 gm walnuts, blitzed into meal
- 200gm plain flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 200ml milk
- Pinch of salt
- Mascarpone cream
- Orange zest
- Preheat fan forced oven to 180C. Grease cupcake tin.
- Cream butter, sugar and salt with paddle mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mix until evenly combined. Stop mixer. Add walnut meal, flour and baking powder, mix on low until roughly combined, approximately 1 minute. Slowly add milk, mix on low until evenly combined, approximately 1 minute.
- Soon mixture into cupcake tins, fill to ¾. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Increase oven to 200C for final 10 minutes and bake until golden brown and slightly darker around the edges.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto cooling rack.
- Serve with sweet mascarpone cream, a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of orange zest.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 65g honey 18g bi-carb soda 415 g caster Sugar 150g glucose Syrup 70g water METHOD: Line a 20cm-baking tray with baking paper. Pour honey, caster sugar, glucose syrup and water into a large pot and...
RECIPE BY:Georgia BarnesSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 cups preserved morello cherries2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries600ml Coles thickened cream200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped50g Coles dark chocolate,...
RECIPE BY:Michael WeldonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:1 punnet of Coles Taste n See strawberries, quartered¼ pineapple, chopped into 1-2 cm wide slices½ cup Lurpak salted butter1 sheet of puff pastry½ cup sugar½ cup cream METHOD:Preheat fan-forced oven to 180...
RECIPE BY:Courtney RoulstonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:250g Lurpak unsalted butter4 tablespoons cocoa powder2 cups caster sugar1 cup hot water1 ½ cups plain flour¼ cup self raising flour2 Coles eggs, slightly beaten1 tablespoon instant coffee1/3 cup whiskey1...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 eggs1 cup caster sugar3/4 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO1 tsp vanilla extract2 cups grated carrot1 1/4 cup plain flour1 tsp baking soda3 tsp ground cinnamon3 tsp mixed spice1/2 tsp salt1/3 cup toasted...