2 – 4 people
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs , separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar , divided
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounce can Coles evaporated milk
- 14 ounce can Coles sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Lightly spray a 9×13” pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Separate the eggs into two separate bowls.
- Add 3/4 cup sugar to the bowl with the egg yolks and mix on high speed until yolks are pale yellow. Add the 1/3 cup milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture over the flour mixture and stir gently just until combined (don’t over-mix).
- Use electric beaters to beat the egg whites on high speed. Gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar as you mix and continue beating until stiff peaks.
- Fold egg whites into the batter gently, just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan. Make sure to smooth it into an even layer so your baked cake doesn’t have divots in it.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow cake to cool completely.
- Combine the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and whole milk in a small bowl. Once the cake has cooled use a fork to poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Slowly pour the milk mixture over the the top of the cake, making sure to pour near the edges and all around.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 1 hour or overnight, to allow it to soak up the milk
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Liqueur Topaque.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...