2 – 4 people
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
CREAM CHEESE ICING
- 250gm Philadelphia Spreadable Original Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 500g icing sugar
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla and mix well to combine. Add the carrot and sift in the flour, baking soda and spices. Season with salt and mix well to incorporate.
- Pour into a spring-form cake tin, cover with a baking paper and place in the oven for 30 minutes. Check with a skewer test to see if the cake is cooked. Carefully remove the cake and allow to sit for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely to room temperature.
- Prepare the cream cheese icing in the meantime. Combine the cream cheese, lemon juice, zest and icing sugar in a large bowl and mix well. Adjust with extra lemon juice or icing sugar to taste. Spread the cream cheese frosting over the top of the carrot cake and garnish with toasted walnuts.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 1/2 cups almond meal 1/4 cup rolled oats 1 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp Coles cinnamon 2 large ripe bananas, mashed 2 eggs, lightly beaten 1/4 cup Jalna Greek yoghurt 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/2...
View Jess' special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Matt's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 65g honey 18g bi-carb soda 415 g caster Sugar 150g glucose Syrup 70g water METHOD: Line a 20cm-baking tray with baking paper. Pour honey, caster sugar, glucose syrup and water into a large pot and...
RECIPE BY:Georgia BarnesSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 cups preserved morello cherries2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries600ml Coles thickened cream200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped50g Coles dark chocolate,...