2 – 4 people
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
CREAM CHEESE ICING
- 250gm Philadelphia Spreadable Original Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 500g icing sugar
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla and mix well to combine. Add the carrot and sift in the flour, baking soda and spices. Season with salt and mix well to incorporate.
- Pour into a spring-form cake tin, cover with a baking paper and place in the oven for 30 minutes. Check with a skewer test to see if the cake is cooked. Carefully remove the cake and allow to sit for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely to room temperature.
- Prepare the cream cheese icing in the meantime. Combine the cream cheese, lemon juice, zest and icing sugar in a large bowl and mix well. Adjust with extra lemon juice or icing sugar to taste. Spread the cream cheese frosting over the top of the carrot cake and garnish with toasted walnuts.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Liqueur Topaque.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...