Chocolate & Pear Frangipane Tart
- 100gm dark chocolate, 70% cocoa, roughly chopped
- 100gm unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup plain flour
- ¼ cacao powder
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ Tbsp. ground cardamom
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ sheets shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 2 ripe Beurre Bosc pears, cored, thinly sliced
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 180C.
- Lay pastry onto a lightly greased 20cm tart tin and gently press the pastry into the corners of the baking tin. Trim off any excess pastry and prick the base with a fork and cover with greaseproof paper. Fill the lined pastry case with ceramic baking weights or dried rice and place in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the sides are firm. Remove the weights and baking paper and bake for a further 7-10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile add an inch of water to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Place a heat-proof bowl over the saucepan ensuring the water cannot touch the base. Add the chocolate and gently stir with a metal spoon until melted. Add butter and gently stir though until smooth and glossy. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, add almond meal, sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder and cardamom and mix to combine. Add eggs, 1 at a time and mix well after each addition. Add the chocolate mixture and bring together until evenly combined.
- Pour mixture into pastry case and smooth out with a spatula. Arrange sliced pears over the top of the tart and place in the oven for approximately 35-40 minutes or until firm. Use a skewer to test the middle of the tart, when the skewer comes out clean, remove from the oven to cool on a wire rack.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...