Chocolate & Pear Frangipane Tart
- 100gm dark chocolate, 70% cocoa, roughly chopped
- 100gm unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup plain flour
- ¼ cacao powder
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ Tbsp. ground cardamom
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ sheets shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 2 ripe Beurre Bosc pears, cored, thinly sliced
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 180C.
- Lay pastry onto a lightly greased 20cm tart tin and gently press the pastry into the corners of the baking tin. Trim off any excess pastry and prick the base with a fork and cover with greaseproof paper. Fill the lined pastry case with ceramic baking weights or dried rice and place in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the sides are firm. Remove the weights and baking paper and bake for a further 7-10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile add an inch of water to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Place a heat-proof bowl over the saucepan ensuring the water cannot touch the base. Add the chocolate and gently stir with a metal spoon until melted. Add butter and gently stir though until smooth and glossy. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, add almond meal, sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder and cardamom and mix to combine. Add eggs, 1 at a time and mix well after each addition. Add the chocolate mixture and bring together until evenly combined.
- Pour mixture into pastry case and smooth out with a spatula. Arrange sliced pears over the top of the tart and place in the oven for approximately 35-40 minutes or until firm. Use a skewer to test the middle of the tart, when the skewer comes out clean, remove from the oven to cool on a wire rack.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 65g honey 18g bi-carb soda 415 g caster Sugar 150g glucose Syrup 70g water METHOD: Line a 20cm-baking tray with baking paper. Pour honey, caster sugar, glucose syrup and water into a large pot and...
RECIPE BY:Georgia BarnesSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 cups preserved morello cherries2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries600ml Coles thickened cream200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped50g Coles dark chocolate,...
RECIPE BY:Michael WeldonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:1 punnet of Coles Taste n See strawberries, quartered¼ pineapple, chopped into 1-2 cm wide slices½ cup Lurpak salted butter1 sheet of puff pastry½ cup sugar½ cup cream METHOD:Preheat fan-forced oven to 180...
RECIPE BY:Courtney RoulstonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:250g Lurpak unsalted butter4 tablespoons cocoa powder2 cups caster sugar1 cup hot water1 ½ cups plain flour¼ cup self raising flour2 Coles eggs, slightly beaten1 tablespoon instant coffee1/3 cup whiskey1...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 eggs1 cup caster sugar3/4 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO1 tsp vanilla extract2 cups grated carrot1 1/4 cup plain flour1 tsp baking soda3 tsp ground cinnamon3 tsp mixed spice1/2 tsp salt1/3 cup toasted...