2 – 4 people
- 170gm plain flour
- 170gm caster sugar, plus 2Tbsp extra
- 3 eggs
- 60ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 170gm LURPAK salted butter, softened
- 4 peaches, roughly diced **
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 160C. Lightly grease a 20x30cm baking tin and line with greaseproof paper with a 2cm over hang on the longer sides.
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl and add the butter. Add in sugar and a small pinch of salt and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs, milk and vanilla until evenly combined. Pour it into the well of the dry ingredients and beat together for 2-3 minutes, using a stand mixer or electric beaters, until smooth. Pour batter into the prepared baking tray and smooth out with a spatula.
- Evenly scatter the peaches over the top of the batter and gently press into the batter. Place in the oven for 20 minutes. Combine the extra sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the peach slice. Place back into the oven and bake for another 15 minutes, or until a skewer test comes out clean. Allow to cool in the baking tin for 5 minutes before removing it onto a wire rack using the overhang from the greaseproof paper. Cut into slices and serve warm or cold.
- **If peaches aren’t in season, use one 400gm tinned peaches in juice, well drained.
Our friends at Wine Selectorsrecommend pairing this dish with a Botrytis Viognier
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...