2 – 4 people
- 30g fresh pandan leaves
- 100ml water
- 100g plain flour
- 1 whole egg
- 300ml coconut milk
- 80ml pandan juice
- 1 tbsp Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- Pinch of salt
- 100g gula melaka (dark palm sugar)
- 250g grated coconut
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 30ml water
- 1 pandan leave
- Blend the pandan leave with water and strain the juice with muslin cloth. Reserve the pandan juice for later.
- For the batter mix plain flour, egg, coconut milk, pandan juice, 1tbsp oil and pinch of salt to make smooth batter. Strain to remove lumps.
- For the filling on a medium pan add gula melaka, grated coconut, sugar and salt. Mix the filling over allow heat until the gula melaka melts and coated well onto the grated coconut. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Use a small flat pan, lightly oil the pan and pour a small ladle of batter. Tilt the pan to create a thin even crepe. Cook for 30 seconds on each side.
- Transfer the pandan crepe over to baking paper and add 2-3 tbsp filling and fold the ends and roll.
- Serve with palm sugar syrup or coconut ice cream.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Botrytis Semillon.
Summer Fruit and Almond Free Form Tart
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
Warm Peach Pudding
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
Burnt Honey Panna Cotta
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
Burnt Spanish Cheese Cake
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
Carrot and Coconut Muffins
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
Ginger Beer Scones
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...