2 – 4 people
- 30g fresh pandan leaves
- 100ml water
- 100g plain flour
- 1 whole egg
- 300ml coconut milk
- 80ml pandan juice
- 1 tbsp Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- Pinch of salt
- 100g gula melaka (dark palm sugar)
- 250g grated coconut
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 30ml water
- 1 pandan leave
- Blend the pandan leave with water and strain the juice with muslin cloth. Reserve the pandan juice for later.
- For the batter mix plain flour, egg, coconut milk, pandan juice, 1tbsp oil and pinch of salt to make smooth batter. Strain to remove lumps.
- For the filling on a medium pan add gula melaka, grated coconut, sugar and salt. Mix the filling over allow heat until the gula melaka melts and coated well onto the grated coconut. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Use a small flat pan, lightly oil the pan and pour a small ladle of batter. Tilt the pan to create a thin even crepe. Cook for 30 seconds on each side.
- Transfer the pandan crepe over to baking paper and add 2-3 tbsp filling and fold the ends and roll.
- Serve with palm sugar syrup or coconut ice cream.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Botrytis Semillon.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 60gm Lurpak butter 1 1/2 self raising flour 1/4 cup cocoa 1 cup caster sugar 180ml milk 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup cocoa 2 cups boiling water Coles dollop cream, to serve METHOD: Add...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Tbsp butter 2 Granny smith Apples, peeled, cored, diced 2 Tbsp raisins 1/4 cup brown sugar 1 tsp mixed spice Salt 1/3 cup caster sugar 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon Puff pastry Vanilla ice cream, to serve...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150gm Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 60ml cream 1 tsp vanilla extract ¼ cup honey Salt 3 Tbsp poppy seeds 1 egg yolk 6 fresh figs, halved 1 x 20cm tart case METHOD: Preheat oven to 160C...
RECIPE BY:Steve Flood w. Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:APPLE FILLING:6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped into 1.5cm dicezest and juice of 2 lemons3 tablespoons brown sugar1 tablespoon salted butter1 teaspoon ground cinnamon1⁄4...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups Jalna Biodynamic Yoghurt Juice of 1/2 lemon 4 egg whites 1/3 cup honey 1/4 tsp cream of tartar Salt 1 just-ripe mango, thinly sliced 1/3 cup lightly toasted macadamias, roughly chopped 5-6 fresh...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Dough 150g plain flour 150g bread (strong) flour 3g dry yeast 200mL warm water 10mL Cobram Estate classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Pinch of sea salt Extra plain flour or semolina flour for working dough...