Courtney’s Cougee Mess
- 8 store-bought Coles meringue nests or Pavlova base
- 680g jar pitted morello cherries
- 1/4 cup (55g) Coles caster sugar
- 150g 70% Lindt dark chocolate, chopped
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- 20 fresh cherries, pitted to garnish
- 2 tsp icing sugar to garnish
- Drain the cherries, reserving the juice and cherries separately.
- Place the cherry juice and caster sugar in a saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium-high and simmer for 4-5 minutes until reduced to about 1 cup (250ml). Remove from heat, then add the chocolate and stir until sauce is smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the cream and vanilla in a bowl and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Toast the almonds in hot pan for 2-3 minutes, or until golden.
- Roughly crumble the meringues or pavlova if using into a large bowl. Add in the drained morello cherries and whipped cream. Gently fold through using a large metal spoon. Place into serving bowls or glasses. Drizzle over the chocolate cherry sauce and scatter with fresh cherries and toasted almonds. Sprinkle over the icing sugar and Serve immediately. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 65g honey 18g bi-carb soda 415 g caster Sugar 150g glucose Syrup 70g water METHOD: Line a 20cm-baking tray with baking paper. Pour honey, caster sugar, glucose syrup and water into a large pot and...
RECIPE BY:Georgia BarnesSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 cups preserved morello cherries2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries600ml Coles thickened cream200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped50g Coles dark chocolate,...
RECIPE BY:Michael WeldonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:1 punnet of Coles Taste n See strawberries, quartered¼ pineapple, chopped into 1-2 cm wide slices½ cup Lurpak salted butter1 sheet of puff pastry½ cup sugar½ cup cream METHOD:Preheat fan-forced oven to 180...
RECIPE BY:Courtney RoulstonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:250g Lurpak unsalted butter4 tablespoons cocoa powder2 cups caster sugar1 cup hot water1 ½ cups plain flour¼ cup self raising flour2 Coles eggs, slightly beaten1 tablespoon instant coffee1/3 cup whiskey1...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 eggs1 cup caster sugar3/4 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO1 tsp vanilla extract2 cups grated carrot1 1/4 cup plain flour1 tsp baking soda3 tsp ground cinnamon3 tsp mixed spice1/2 tsp salt1/3 cup toasted...