Courtney’s Cougee Mess
- 8 store-bought Coles meringue nests or Pavlova base
- 680g jar pitted morello cherries
- 1/4 cup (55g) Coles caster sugar
- 150g 70% Lindt dark chocolate, chopped
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- 20 fresh cherries, pitted to garnish
- 2 tsp icing sugar to garnish
- Drain the cherries, reserving the juice and cherries separately.
- Place the cherry juice and caster sugar in a saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium-high and simmer for 4-5 minutes until reduced to about 1 cup (250ml). Remove from heat, then add the chocolate and stir until sauce is smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the cream and vanilla in a bowl and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Toast the almonds in hot pan for 2-3 minutes, or until golden.
- Roughly crumble the meringues or pavlova if using into a large bowl. Add in the drained morello cherries and whipped cream. Gently fold through using a large metal spoon. Place into serving bowls or glasses. Drizzle over the chocolate cherry sauce and scatter with fresh cherries and toasted almonds. Sprinkle over the icing sugar and Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Summer Fruit and Almond Free Form Tart
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
Warm Peach Pudding
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
Burnt Honey Panna Cotta
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
Burnt Spanish Cheese Cake
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
Carrot and Coconut Muffins
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
Ginger Beer Scones
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...