2 – 4 people
- 1 – 2 cups Coles Caster Sugar
- 400ml Coles milk
- 250g Philadelphia Spreadable cream cheese
- 375g Coles condensed milk
- 5 whole eggs
- Vanilla bean paste
- Coles Aluminium foil
- Preheat oven to 140. In a roasting tray, line with a tea towel and set down 4 ramekins.
- On a medium-high heat fry pan, sprinkle a layer of caster sugar in an even layer. Cook for around 15 minutes until a dark amber colour. Control until evenly cooked. Add a dash of water to loosen up the caramel and take off the heat.
- In a blender, combine milk, cream cheese, condensed milk, eggs and vanilla bean paste until smooth. Strain into a jug to get rid of any lumps. Scoop off any excess bubbles.
- Pour the caramel into ramekins for an even layer, place aside until set. Once the caramel has set, pour the custard into the ramekins. Fill the roasting tray with water, cover with foil and place into the oven. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes.
- To serve, place a ramekin in boiling water to loosen the caramel before running a knife around the edge. Tip upside down onto a plate.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Liqueur Tawny
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...