Crispy Potato Cakes
4 as a snack
- 1 tub ZoOSh Sour Cream & Chives Dip, to serve
- 1Kg boiled potatoes, skin on, chilled (Use Coles Carisma, Red Royal or washed potatoes)
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley
- 20 baby cornichons (from a jar), drained
- Olive oil for deep frying
- 1 Free range egg, chilled
- 200ml ice cold water
- 1 cup plain flour
- Heat the oil to 160 degrees C.
- Slice the potatoes into 1cm thick scallops.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Whisk the chilled egg into the chilled water, then gently pour into the flour, whisking in a figure 8 motion as you pour using chopsticks. Do not over mix and leave some lumps in the batter.
- Gently dip the potatoes into the batter and fry in batches until crispy. Make sure not to overcrowd the oil, as the temperature will drop and your potatoes will be soggy. Repeat with remaining potatoes and drain on kitchen paper. Gently coat the parsley stems in the batter and fry until crispy.
- To serve arrange the potatoes and parsley onto a serving platter and season with sea salt flakes. Garnish with the cornichons and serve with Zoosh Sour Cream & Chives Dip.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 65g honey 18g bi-carb soda 415 g caster Sugar 150g glucose Syrup 70g water METHOD: Line a 20cm-baking tray with baking paper. Pour honey, caster sugar, glucose syrup and water into a large pot and...
RECIPE BY:Georgia BarnesSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 cups preserved morello cherries2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries600ml Coles thickened cream200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped50g Coles dark chocolate,...
RECIPE BY:Michael WeldonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:1 punnet of Coles Taste n See strawberries, quartered¼ pineapple, chopped into 1-2 cm wide slices½ cup Lurpak salted butter1 sheet of puff pastry½ cup sugar½ cup cream METHOD:Preheat fan-forced oven to 180...
RECIPE BY:Courtney RoulstonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:250g Lurpak unsalted butter4 tablespoons cocoa powder2 cups caster sugar1 cup hot water1 ½ cups plain flour¼ cup self raising flour2 Coles eggs, slightly beaten1 tablespoon instant coffee1/3 cup whiskey1...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 eggs1 cup caster sugar3/4 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO1 tsp vanilla extract2 cups grated carrot1 1/4 cup plain flour1 tsp baking soda3 tsp ground cinnamon3 tsp mixed spice1/2 tsp salt1/3 cup toasted...