Crispy Potato Cakes
4 as a snack
- 1 tub ZoOSh Sour Cream & Chives Dip, to serve
- 1Kg boiled potatoes, skin on, chilled (Use Coles Carisma, Red Royal or washed potatoes)
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley
- 20 baby cornichons (from a jar), drained
- Olive oil for deep frying
- 1 Free range egg, chilled
- 200ml ice cold water
- 1 cup plain flour
- Heat the oil to 160 degrees C.
- Slice the potatoes into 1cm thick scallops.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Whisk the chilled egg into the chilled water, then gently pour into the flour, whisking in a figure 8 motion as you pour using chopsticks. Do not over mix and leave some lumps in the batter.
- Gently dip the potatoes into the batter and fry in batches until crispy. Make sure not to overcrowd the oil, as the temperature will drop and your potatoes will be soggy. Repeat with remaining potatoes and drain on kitchen paper. Gently coat the parsley stems in the batter and fry until crispy.
- To serve arrange the potatoes and parsley onto a serving platter and season with sea salt flakes. Garnish with the cornichons and serve with Zoosh Sour Cream & Chives Dip.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...