Dulce de Lychee
Prep time: 20-25 mins
Dulce de leche: 4 hrs
Crumble baking time: 15-20 mins
- 2 packets 395g Brandcourts Sweetened Condensed Milk Squeeze Pack
- 1 tin of lychee in syrup, lychees broken up into chunks
- 1 Jime, juice and lime
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tub of vanilla ice cream
- 1 pineapple, cut into strips
- 300g plain flour
- 150g Ballantyne Rolled Salted Butter, at room temperature
- 150g brown sugar
- Squeeze 2 packets for Brandcourts Sweetened Condensed Milk into a jar and place it into a pot of boiling water and leave it to caramelize for 4 hours or until it turns into a nice golden brown colour. When it’s ready, using a tea towel, remove the jar from the heat, holding it at the bottom with another tea towel and place on the bench.
- Preheat oven to 190C. To prepare your crumble, combine the dry ingredients – flour and brown sugar – in a mixing bowl with your hands and then work the butter into the mix until you have a breadcrumb-like consistency. Line baking paper onto an oven tray and spread the crumble evenly. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and the butter has melted. Take it out of oven and allow the crumble to cool down by breaking it into various sized chunks in a bowl.
- While the crumble is baking, on a hot grill pan, char the pineapple on each side for 3-4 minutes until it softens and you’ve got those beautiful char marks on them. Remove from heat and allow to cool down.
- In a serving bowl, start with a layer of crumble, breaking it into smaller pieces, place a quenelle of ice cream over the top and surround it with thin slices of charred pineapple and lychee pieces. Finish with a generous serving of your homemade dulce de leche (caramel sauce).
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 65g honey 18g bi-carb soda 415 g caster Sugar 150g glucose Syrup 70g water METHOD: Line a 20cm-baking tray with baking paper. Pour honey, caster sugar, glucose syrup and water into a large pot and...
RECIPE BY:Georgia BarnesSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 cups preserved morello cherries2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries600ml Coles thickened cream200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped50g Coles dark chocolate,...
RECIPE BY:Michael WeldonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:1 punnet of Coles Taste n See strawberries, quartered¼ pineapple, chopped into 1-2 cm wide slices½ cup Lurpak salted butter1 sheet of puff pastry½ cup sugar½ cup cream METHOD:Preheat fan-forced oven to 180...
RECIPE BY:Courtney RoulstonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:250g Lurpak unsalted butter4 tablespoons cocoa powder2 cups caster sugar1 cup hot water1 ½ cups plain flour¼ cup self raising flour2 Coles eggs, slightly beaten1 tablespoon instant coffee1/3 cup whiskey1...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 eggs1 cup caster sugar3/4 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO1 tsp vanilla extract2 cups grated carrot1 1/4 cup plain flour1 tsp baking soda3 tsp ground cinnamon3 tsp mixed spice1/2 tsp salt1/3 cup toasted...