Dulce de Lychee
Prep time: 20-25 mins
Dulce de leche: 4 hrs
Crumble baking time: 15-20 mins
- 2 packets 395g Brandcourts Sweetened Condensed Milk Squeeze Pack
- 1 tin of lychee in syrup, lychees broken up into chunks
- 1 Jime, juice and lime
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tub of vanilla ice cream
- 1 pineapple, cut into strips
- 300g plain flour
- 150g Ballantyne Rolled Salted Butter, at room temperature
- 150g brown sugar
- Squeeze 2 packets for Brandcourts Sweetened Condensed Milk into a jar and place it into a pot of boiling water and leave it to caramelize for 4 hours or until it turns into a nice golden brown colour. When it’s ready, using a tea towel, remove the jar from the heat, holding it at the bottom with another tea towel and place on the bench.
- Preheat oven to 190C. To prepare your crumble, combine the dry ingredients – flour and brown sugar – in a mixing bowl with your hands and then work the butter into the mix until you have a breadcrumb-like consistency. Line baking paper onto an oven tray and spread the crumble evenly. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and the butter has melted. Take it out of oven and allow the crumble to cool down by breaking it into various sized chunks in a bowl.
- While the crumble is baking, on a hot grill pan, char the pineapple on each side for 3-4 minutes until it softens and you’ve got those beautiful char marks on them. Remove from heat and allow to cool down.
- In a serving bowl, start with a layer of crumble, breaking it into smaller pieces, place a quenelle of ice cream over the top and surround it with thin slices of charred pineapple and lychee pieces. Finish with a generous serving of your homemade dulce de leche (caramel sauce).
Summer Fruit and Almond Free Form Tart
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
Warm Peach Pudding
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
Burnt Honey Panna Cotta
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
Burnt Spanish Cheese Cake
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
Carrot and Coconut Muffins
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
Ginger Beer Scones
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...