2 – 4 people
- 100gm Coles plain flour
- 1¼ cup Coles caster sugar
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 160ml full cream milk
- 3 eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 25gm LURPAK salted butter
- 2 Tbsp. pistachios, roughly chopped
- 4 figs, sliced
- ¼ cup Greek yoghurt (optional, for serving)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Combine the flour, sugar, spice, milk, eggs and lemon zest in a food processor and blitz until well combined. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a 20cm oven-proof frying pan over a medium heat and melt the butter, cook until foaming. Ensure the base and sides are covered with butter. Remove from the heat and carefully pour in the batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puffed, golden and just set. The centre will likely collapse once removed from the oven. Remove pan carefully from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place the pistachios on a baking tray in the oven until lightly toasted.
- Garnish with fresh fig slices, toasted pistachios, yoghurt and a drizzle of maple syrup. Serve immediately.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Late Harvest Riesling.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...