Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 200 gm Ballantyne Unsalted Butter, extra for greasing
- 2 Cups of Almond Meal
- 200 gm Dark Chocolate, 70% cocoa, finely chopped
- 5 Coles large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease base and sides of a 22cm spring-form pan. Place a sheet of baking paper on the base.
- Place butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl, microwave for 30 second bursts, stirring at each interval, until completely melted. Set aside to cool slightly. Fold the Almond Meal through the chocolate mixture.
- Using a stand mixer, beat egg to form soft peaks. Gradually add caster sugar whilst mixing and beat to form a light creamy mixture. Whisk ¼ of egg white mixture into chocolate mixture and combine well. Gently fold in remaining egg mixture until combined.
- Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. Cake should be set in the centre, and pull away slightly from the edges of cake pan. Remove sides of cake pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Serve at room temperature.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 65g honey 18g bi-carb soda 415 g caster Sugar 150g glucose Syrup 70g water METHOD: Line a 20cm-baking tray with baking paper. Pour honey, caster sugar, glucose syrup and water into a large pot and...
RECIPE BY:Georgia BarnesSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 cups preserved morello cherries2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries600ml Coles thickened cream200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped50g Coles dark chocolate,...
RECIPE BY:Michael WeldonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:1 punnet of Coles Taste n See strawberries, quartered¼ pineapple, chopped into 1-2 cm wide slices½ cup Lurpak salted butter1 sheet of puff pastry½ cup sugar½ cup cream METHOD:Preheat fan-forced oven to 180...
RECIPE BY:Courtney RoulstonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:250g Lurpak unsalted butter4 tablespoons cocoa powder2 cups caster sugar1 cup hot water1 ½ cups plain flour¼ cup self raising flour2 Coles eggs, slightly beaten1 tablespoon instant coffee1/3 cup whiskey1...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 eggs1 cup caster sugar3/4 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO1 tsp vanilla extract2 cups grated carrot1 1/4 cup plain flour1 tsp baking soda3 tsp ground cinnamon3 tsp mixed spice1/2 tsp salt1/3 cup toasted...