Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 200 gm Ballantyne Unsalted Butter, extra for greasing
- 2 Cups of Almond Meal
- 200 gm Dark Chocolate, 70% cocoa, finely chopped
- 5 Coles large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease base and sides of a 22cm spring-form pan. Place a sheet of baking paper on the base.
- Place butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl, microwave for 30 second bursts, stirring at each interval, until completely melted. Set aside to cool slightly. Fold the Almond Meal through the chocolate mixture.
- Using a stand mixer, beat egg to form soft peaks. Gradually add caster sugar whilst mixing and beat to form a light creamy mixture. Whisk ¼ of egg white mixture into chocolate mixture and combine well. Gently fold in remaining egg mixture until combined.
- Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. Cake should be set in the centre, and pull away slightly from the edges of cake pan. Remove sides of cake pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Serve at room temperature.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...