French Toast Croissant
- 4 Coles brand croissants, sliced in half
- ½ cup full fat Milk
- ½ cup Cream
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 80g butter
- 1 cup thick Greek yoghurt to serve
BLUEBERRY CHIA JAM:
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon coles white chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- For the jam, place the blueberries into a small pot over a medium heat. Soak the chia seeds in the water for 1-2 minutes before adding into the blueberries. Add in the maple syrup and leave to gently simmer for 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Meanwhile heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Whisk the milk, cream, eggs, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Dip sliced croissants into the egg mixture one at a time. Melt 20g of butter in the pan and cook two pieces of croissant at a time for 2 minutes each side, or until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining croissants and butter
- To serve place the croissants onto serving plates. Top with the yoghurt and a good dollop of blueberry chia jam. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 punnets of Coles Eureka blueberries 1 tub of Jalna Greek yoghurt honey GRANOLA: 2 cups of rolled oats ½ cup of sunflower kernels ½ cup dried cranberries ½ cup roasted almonds ½ cup coconut flakes ½...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 65g honey 18g bi-carb soda 415 g caster Sugar 150g glucose Syrup 70g water METHOD: Line a 20cm-baking tray with baking paper. Pour honey, caster sugar, glucose syrup and water into a large pot and...
RECIPE BY:Georgia BarnesSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 cups preserved morello cherries2 cups morello cherry preserving syrup2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries600ml Coles thickened cream200g Coles dark chocolate, finely chopped50g Coles dark chocolate,...
RECIPE BY:Michael WeldonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:1 punnet of Coles Taste n See strawberries, quartered¼ pineapple, chopped into 1-2 cm wide slices½ cup Lurpak salted butter1 sheet of puff pastry½ cup sugar½ cup cream METHOD:Preheat fan-forced oven to 180...
RECIPE BY:Courtney RoulstonSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:250g Lurpak unsalted butter4 tablespoons cocoa powder2 cups caster sugar1 cup hot water1 ½ cups plain flour¼ cup self raising flour2 Coles eggs, slightly beaten1 tablespoon instant coffee1/3 cup whiskey1...
RECIPE BY:Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:2 eggs1 cup caster sugar3/4 cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO1 tsp vanilla extract2 cups grated carrot1 1/4 cup plain flour1 tsp baking soda3 tsp ground cinnamon3 tsp mixed spice1/2 tsp salt1/3 cup toasted...