2 – 4 people
- 1 cup Self-Raising flour
- ½ tsp Bicarb soda
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. Coles ground ginger
- ½ tsp Coles ground cardamom
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 100gm Lurpak unsalted butter
- ¾ cup Coles Caster sugar
- Coles thickened cream
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, Bicarb soda, brown sugar, ginger, cardamom and salt and mix to combine. In a separate bowl whisk the milk and egg together. Add to flour mixture and mix until evenly combined.
- Meanwhile place caster sugar into a pan on a low – medium heat to make a caramel. In another saucepan, gentle warm up thickened cream and slowly add to the caramel once it’s a golden brown colour. Grate ginger into the caramel and mix into the caramel.
- Heat a small amount of butter in a large pan. Spoon in 1 ladle of batter per pancake. Cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side and flip when bubbles form on the outer edges. Add butter before each batch. Remove and set aside to keep warm.
- To serve, stack pancakes, top with caramel. Serve hot.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Gewurtraminer or late harvest chenin blanc
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...