2 – 4 people
- 1 cup Self-Raising flour
- ½ tsp Bicarb soda
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. Coles ground ginger
- ½ tsp Coles ground cardamom
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 100gm Lurpak unsalted butter
- ¾ cup Coles Caster sugar
- Coles thickened cream
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, Bicarb soda, brown sugar, ginger, cardamom and salt and mix to combine. In a separate bowl whisk the milk and egg together. Add to flour mixture and mix until evenly combined.
- Meanwhile place caster sugar into a pan on a low – medium heat to make a caramel. In another saucepan, gentle warm up thickened cream and slowly add to the caramel once it’s a golden brown colour. Grate ginger into the caramel and mix into the caramel.
- Heat a small amount of butter in a large pan. Spoon in 1 ladle of batter per pancake. Cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side and flip when bubbles form on the outer edges. Add butter before each batch. Remove and set aside to keep warm.
- To serve, stack pancakes, top with caramel. Serve hot.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Gewurtraminer or late harvest chenin blanc
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 60gm Lurpak butter 1 1/2 self raising flour 1/4 cup cocoa 1 cup caster sugar 180ml milk 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup cocoa 2 cups boiling water Coles dollop cream, to serve METHOD: Add...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Tbsp butter 2 Granny smith Apples, peeled, cored, diced 2 Tbsp raisins 1/4 cup brown sugar 1 tsp mixed spice Salt 1/3 cup caster sugar 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon Puff pastry Vanilla ice cream, to serve...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150gm Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 60ml cream 1 tsp vanilla extract ¼ cup honey Salt 3 Tbsp poppy seeds 1 egg yolk 6 fresh figs, halved 1 x 20cm tart case METHOD: Preheat oven to 160C...
RECIPE BY:Steve Flood w. Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:APPLE FILLING:6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped into 1.5cm dicezest and juice of 2 lemons3 tablespoons brown sugar1 tablespoon salted butter1 teaspoon ground cinnamon1⁄4...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups Jalna Biodynamic Yoghurt Juice of 1/2 lemon 4 egg whites 1/3 cup honey 1/4 tsp cream of tartar Salt 1 just-ripe mango, thinly sliced 1/3 cup lightly toasted macadamias, roughly chopped 5-6 fresh...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Dough 150g plain flour 150g bread (strong) flour 3g dry yeast 200mL warm water 10mL Cobram Estate classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Pinch of sea salt Extra plain flour or semolina flour for working dough...