Honey Semolina Cake
- 120 gm Ballantyne Rolled Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 cups fine yellow semolina
- ½ cup Coles Finest Red Gum Honey
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 inch piece ginger, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 30cm x 20cm baking tray and line with baking paper. Lightly grease baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Slowly add eggs yolks one at a time and carefully pour in milk. Add vanilla and mix to combine. The batter should look slightly separated, which is okay at this point.
- In a separate bowl, add semolina, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix to combine. On a low speed, gently add dry mixture to the wet mixture and beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Beat egg whites with a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold into cake batter, careful not to knock out any air.
- Pour batter into lined tray and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and firm to touch.
- Whilst cake is in the oven combine sugar, honey, water, ginger and zest in a small saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove ginger pieces.
- Pour syrup over cake as soon as it is removed from the oven.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar 125gm LURPAK unsalted butter, chopped 2 eggs ¼ cup almond meal 700gm firm but ripe stone fruit, thinly sliced** 2 Tbsp raw or demerara sugar Icing sugar and cream...
RECIPE BY: Mel Leong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: BATTER: 125g butter, softened 125g caster sugar 2 large free range eggs 125g self raising flour Pinch of salt SYRUP: 2 tablespoons brown sugar 120ml water 1 vanilla pod METHOD: Preheat oven...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4gm gelatine sheets 100ml cream 70gm caster sugar 1 vanilla pod, halved, seeds scraped 300ml buttermilk, room temperature ½ cup honey Juice of 1 mandarin ½ cup shelled pistachios, toasted, roughly...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature 4 large eggs 1 ½ cup caster sugar 300ml Coles thickened cream 1 tablespoon plain flour 1 tablespoon lemon zest 2 tablespoons lemon juice icing sugar...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 280gm Self raising flour 150gm brown sugar 1 tsp cinnamon 200gm grated carrot 150 gm shredded coconut 2 eggs 200ml Cobram Estate Classic EVOO ¼ cup coconut cream COCONUT CREAM CHEESE: 150gm Philadelphia...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream 125ml (1/2 cup) ginger beer 55gm (1/4 cup) caster sugar 1 tsp Coles ground ginger Pinch salt 300gm (2cups) Coles Self Raising Flour 2 Tbsp milk METHOD: Preheat oven to...